(08-16-2022, 11:12 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I think Delph would be lovely

Does he still have that brewery?
Barry MkII
(08-16-2022, 12:20 PM)Brandywell Wrote: Barry MkII

No it's a Taxi.
(08-16-2022, 11:05 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 10:49 AM)Squid Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 09:41 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 09:36 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: He's one of those forgotten players who were great once. There's heaps of them about but we've forgotten them. Aaron Lennon springs to mind too.

No way is 32 over the hill. There is ageism going on in this thread for there are plenty of over 30s in their twilight who came in and did good work like  Andy Gray, Kevin Phillips and some old past it waster called Gareth McAuley.

Carroll, as has just been said, looked good in his brief cameo too.

Look, the negativity by some on here is ridiculous and some realism is needed too. Bruce and Gourlay deserve a clean slate and lets see where we are in  a few months. Patience is so needed.

I’d argue we’ve had far more old wasters signing in for one last payday, especially in the last decade or so, than successes.

Anelka, Lugano, Barry, Ivanovic, Snodrass, Austin all very recent examples…

Unfair for Austin to be on that list. He did the job he was paid to do and his penalties got us many important points and were a key part in getting us promoted that season.

He still could finish but it’s not unreasonable to say his legs weren’t what they used to be and he struggled to fit in with the quicker style we wanted to play under Bilic.

Agree but it wasn’t for lack of effort. He tried hard and really cared. Half the others in that list really didn’t give a toss IMO
He's got a unique gait, known as the Delph Run.
(08-16-2022, 01:50 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote: He's got a unique gait, known as the Delph Run.
And a very short sighted little brother, with pointy ears, called Bline.
(08-16-2022, 02:57 PM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 01:50 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote: He's got a unique gait, known as the Delph Run.
And a very short sighted little brother, with pointy ears, called Bline.

Can he outrun the Bull (and Bladder)
Didn't he used to post on here under the name Baggie In The Delph?