Watford
(08-12-2022, 09:06 PM)MrFizz Wrote: God help the rest of the league if Watford actually start playing well. They've been distinctly underwhelming so far but have 7pts from 3 games.

Same as Fulham last year... took a while to build up steam then whammmo
(08-13-2022, 08:38 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 09:06 PM)MrFizz Wrote: God help the rest of the league if Watford actually start playing well. They've been distinctly underwhelming so far but have 7pts from 3 games.

7pts from 3 against some of the strongest teams despite not really playing that well shows just how weak the champ is this year. Watford are no Fulham though. There's no reason why we shouldn't be keeping pace unless they strengthen substantially in the next few weeks.
Both of them were poor I thought. Watford rode their luck and Bachmann was brilliant again. Both will lose plenty of games based on last night, especially if Watford lose Sarr. Choudhury looked decent for them though.
(08-13-2022, 09:15 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 08:38 AM)MassDebater Wrote:

7pts from 3 against some of the strongest teams despite not really playing that well shows just how weak the champ is this year. Watford are no Fulham though. There's no reason why we shouldn't be keeping pace unless they strengthen substantially in the next few weeks.

+1

They’ve looked poor, but they’ve taken 7 points from 3 games with teams expected to make up the top 6.
How many wins and points do we have? I’d take 7 points from 3 games having played poorly over 2 points from 2 games having played well.
Yep I agree. I'm encouraged by the performance last week but we really need to start winning so those performances translate into points.

Swansea fans will tell you that they basically outplayed everyone last season. They still finished 17th.
Watford have been ok while playing cagey and on the back foot. At some point they will go a goal down and have to come out and play. It's a very good points haul so far, and considering the opposition but I can't imagine their fans are over impressed just yet.  As I said earlier, keeper has at least two MOTM awards.
(08-12-2022, 08:05 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 07:56 PM)HLS Wrote: I mean, all they said was that if they'd finished the pen, they'd have won (and they probably would have).

I turned it on at the wrong time, going on how Pedro was dropping into midfield to great effect on Monday.

Ah fair enough. I get what you mean. Tbf, a couple of players caught my eye individually, but as a team, they were bang average.

(08-13-2022, 08:28 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 08:03 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Seen the comparison between us last season and Watford this and the main difference is that Val wanted us to play like that whereas Edwards is still in the process of turning the squad over he's just getting results whilst doing it. I don't expect Sarr will be there by the end of the month. Be interesting to see how they get on post-August.

Thought Burnley looked really poor.

Not sure you can compare Watford and Valball… polar opposites. 

One is defensive, soaking up pressure, hitting teams on the break and scoring their only chance, whereas Valball is played on the front foot, aggressive and creates lots of chances which we didn’t finish.

Agree. No comparison at all.
(08-13-2022, 08:31 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 08:28 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 08:03 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Seen the comparison between us last season and Watford this and the main difference is that Val wanted us to play like that whereas Edwards is still in the process of turning the squad over he's just getting results whilst doing it. I don't expect Sarr will be there by the end of the month. Be interesting to see how they get on post-August.

Thought Burnley looked really poor.

Not sure you can compare Watford and Valball… polar opposites. 

One is defensive, soaking up pressure, hitting teams on the break and scoring their only chance, whereas Valball is played on the front foot, aggressive and creates lots of chances which we didn’t finish.

That was what Vallball was for the first month or so. That’s not how I’d describe it from September onwards…

Rewriting history to make out we were some European attacking force. From Peterborough onwards, we’re were fucking dire and Val was rightly chopped. 

Bruce came in and ultimately failed as well. He shouldn’t have been retained either. But he was and this is a new season. It’s been an encouraging start and we’ll see how it goes.

Sorry but the re-writing of history is that we were shit from the day we beat Peterborough. That is simply not the case.

We had games throughout the Xmas build up where we tonked sides, the battering of Cardiff or Bristol City, and countless games where we attacked continuously only for us to lack a finishing edge (the draws with Forest, Millwall, Derby, Barnsley, the away defeat today Derby) - we should have taken maximum points from those games but failed to win any of them.

The players downed tools in January and we were really poor for 4-5 games. We may not have been fantastic to watch but you don’t appoint Ismael for tippy tappy football.
Sarr going to Villa for 25m
(08-20-2022, 08:39 PM)Sliced Wrote: Sarr going to Villa for 25m

Jao Pedro going to Toon for £30mill too.

That’s Sarr, Dennis and Pedro going.