Watford
Twice I've now seen Watford, they are shite, Burnley marginally better tonight.
God help the rest of the league if Watford actually start playing well. They've been distinctly underwhelming so far but have 7pts from 3 games.
(08-12-2022, 09:06 PM)MrFizz Wrote: God help the rest of the league if Watford actually start playing well. They've been distinctly underwhelming so far but have 7pts from 3 games.

Bit like us at the start of last season. And soon all their best players will be sold
(08-12-2022, 10:15 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 09:06 PM)MrFizz Wrote: God help the rest of the league if Watford actually start playing well. They've been distinctly underwhelming so far but have 7pts from 3 games.

Bit like us at the start of last season. And soon all their best players will be sold

Their best players don't seem very interested. Just need to hope they don't replace them with better now that they'll have a decent amount of cash coming in.
They'll hit a bad patch and it'll come down to how they handle it. They have talented players but just relying on them to get you out of a jam will not take you up over a 46 game season.
I've only just read the match report , it makes Watfords keeper motm. Make that twice in a week.
Seen the comparison between us last season and Watford this and the main difference is that Val wanted us to play like that whereas Edwards is still in the process of turning the squad over he's just getting results whilst doing it. I don't expect Sarr will be there by the end of the month. Be interesting to see how they get on post-August.

Thought Burnley looked really poor.
I thought they looked one dimensional and that dimension is about to be sold on!
(08-13-2022, 08:03 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Seen the comparison between us last season and Watford this and the main difference is that Val wanted us to play like that whereas Edwards is still in the process of turning the squad over he's just getting results whilst doing it. I don't expect Sarr will be there by the end of the month. Be interesting to see how they get on post-August.

Not sure you can compare Watford and Valball… polar opposites. 

One is defensive, soaking up pressure, hitting teams on the break and scoring their only chance, whereas Valball is played on the front foot, aggressive and creates lots of chances which we didn’t finish.
(08-13-2022, 08:28 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 08:03 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Seen the comparison between us last season and Watford this and the main difference is that Val wanted us to play like that whereas Edwards is still in the process of turning the squad over he's just getting results whilst doing it. I don't expect Sarr will be there by the end of the month. Be interesting to see how they get on post-August.

Not sure you can compare Watford and Valball… polar opposites. 

One is defensive, soaking up pressure, hitting teams on the break and scoring their only chance, whereas Valball is played on the front foot, aggressive and creates lots of chances which we didn’t finish.

That was what Vallball was for the first month or so. That’s not how I’d describe it from September onwards…

Rewriting history to make out we were some European attacking force. From Peterborough onwards, we’re were fucking dire and Val was rightly chopped. 

Bruce came in and ultimately failed as well. He shouldn’t have been retained either. But he was and this is a new season. It’s been an encouraging start and we’ll see how it goes.