Zahore
(07-30-2022, 12:01 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-30-2022, 11:50 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Let's face it, the days of numbers 1 to 11 are long gone. Few players in the modern game care what number they wear. Was GMac ever given the number 5 or 6? I seem to recall he always wore 23, despite being first choice for years. I can't get all nostalgic about what shirts used to mean, back in the days when football had some magic in it. As for whether it's in Big Ken's contract, I was more bothered when Curtis Davis was contractually obliged to be captain, until the day he decided he didn't want to play for us.

This is all true, but it still infuriated me every time HRK wore 4

Yep.
(07-30-2022, 11:50 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Let's face it, the days of numbers 1 to 11 are long gone. Few players in the modern game care what number they wear. Was GMac ever given the number 5 or 6? I seem to recall he always wore 23, despite being first choice for years. I can't get all nostalgic about what shirts used to mean, back in the days when football had some magic in it. As for whether it's in Big Ken's contract, I was more bothered when Curtis Davis was contractually obliged to be captain, until the day he decided he didn't want to play for us.

Ah well, having watched one or two decent number nines, I still get nostalgic about the number,  even if players don't
If true, it says it all that he cares more about what number he is than actually playing or even trying.
(07-30-2022, 01:47 PM)HLS Wrote: If true, it says it all that he cares more about what number he is than actually playing or even trying.

How good was he before? Is it that he can't be arsed or he's limited, or both.