Modern day wingers
Barmy Bobby probably signed him as a centre half
Wayne Fereday wasn’t bad.
Amalfitano was decent. Recall a blinder at Old Trafford under Clarke
Being brutally honest 
Lloyd Dyer. Weird to have a youth player who is exactly what you need at that moment in time, but you aren't really expecting much more from in the future.
Carl Valentine, just for that goal against the Seals
Back in the 70s it was the fashion to play 433 with a left winger who was just that, clung to the touchline, skinned the full back and crossed the ball. Right wingers seemed curiously less common. When 442 became the thing, there were wide midfielders who could cross but did more of the donkey work as well. We've rarely seen out'n'out wingers since then.

Laurie Cunningham was so much more than "just" a winger. In the more modern era, Beckham was renowned for his crossing, but I don't recall him dancing down the wing leaving defenders in his wake like Willie Johnston.
Peter barnes
Chippy Clarke was my first Albion 'hero'. I was sent by the adults that took me, down the front of the Brummie out of the way. Surrounded by other kids I asked, "who's he and what does he do?" I was told: Him? Chippy Clarke. He runs down the wing, crosses the ball onto His (Astle's) head and he puts it in the net. Five minutes in, that's just what happened. TBH, it happened a lot.
(07-24-2022, 01:17 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Chippy Clarke was my first Albion 'hero'. I was sent by the adults that took me, down the front of the Brummie out of the way. Surrounded by other kids I asked, "who's he and what does he do?"  I was told: Him? Chippy Clarke. He runs down the wing, crosses the ball onto His (Astle's) head and he puts it in the net. Five minutes in, that's just what happened. TBH, it happened a lot.

Foggo too!

Harvey and his Dad Peter.  Wink
(07-24-2022, 11:06 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Does Kwame Ampadu count ?

For one cross yes!