CR7
(07-22-2022, 08:32 AM)Babel Wrote: We've probably had ok value out of R. if we could get cash for him, it might be time to sell on.

Zohore is another thing. Despite his "rejuvenation" according to Bruce, he must be up there with our lemon leader board, along with Izzy. We really have frittered trouserloads of cash over the years (with a few exceptions), and must hope Dyke works out.

It is almost unbelievable that Zohore can be so unimpressive (in some way or other) that successive coaches have failed to find a place for him in a matchday squad. I suppose he can always claim to have been "available" if picked. I guess it's more difficult in football than normal life to define performance targets and then initiate disciplinary procedures for failure to meet them.

Just a mildly racist observation on young people in Denmark. Danish kids have no boundaries, little discipline of any kind, they start school late and many stay in full-time education until 26. This kind of shapes the Danish psyche IMO. If young Ken was the youngest player ever to appear in the Superliga, maybe he thinks he's done it all, he's owed a living and doesn't need to put any effort in. Tragic that we've funded his fraudulent existence for so many years.
(07-22-2022, 08:32 AM)Babel Wrote: We've probably had ok value out of R. if we could get cash for him, it might be time to sell on.

Zohore is another thing. Despite his "rejuvenation" according to Bruce, he must be up there with our lemon leader board, along with Izzy. We really have frittered trouserloads of cash over the years (with a few exceptions), and must hope Dyke works out.

Dyke will drain the swamp.
(07-22-2022, 11:48 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:

It is almost unbelievable that Zohore can be so unimpressive (in some way or other) that successive coaches have failed to find a place for him in a matchday squad. I suppose he can always claim to have been "available" if picked. I guess it's more difficult in football than normal life to define performance targets and then initiate disciplinary procedures for failure to meet them.

Just a mildly racist observation on young people in Denmark. Danish kids have no boundaries, little discipline of any kind, they start school late and many stay in full-time education until 26. This kind of shapes the Danish psyche IMO. If young Ken was the youngest player ever to appear in the Superliga, maybe he thinks he's done it all, he's owed a living and doesn't need to put any effort in. Tragic that we've funded his fraudulent existence for so many years.

They'd struggle with all that rape and pillage their ancesters had to get on with, then.

Also Danish is an unintelligible language that even Danes don't understand.

Or so I was told by a Swedish mate of mine
Fun fact: the Swedish Chef on the Muppets is the Norwegian Chef, in Sweden. He doesn’t change his voice. Both countries believe that’s what the other sounds like. Apparently (so not a fact, really).

Highly organized, socially cohesive, well-educated, politically active, moderate tempered, strong voluntary sector. Take football for example. Skills based training of young players which helps support currently around top 5 in the rankings, consistently punching above their weight in world rankings. To suggest Zohore is emblematic of a nation/culture is reductive. Gaardsøe, Albrechtsen, ffs
We don’t deal in lazy stereotypes on here, only FACTS
Bloody Danes. Staying in school because of their lack of discipline
Just for clarity, I spend a lot of time in Denmark (pandemics permitting). My son lives there, my daughter's key client is a Danish company. I love the place and its people, would move there if I were younger. But the people are a bit odd and the language is weirdly difficult. Fun facts, not opinions.

I don't suppose for a moment that KZ is a typical Dane. Not really a typical footballer either.
(07-22-2022, 10:30 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Just for clarity, I spend a lot of time in Denmark (pandemics permitting). My son lives there, my daughter's key client is a Danish company. I love the place and its people, would move there if I were younger. But the people are a bit odd and the language is weirdly difficult. Fun facts, not opinions.

I don't suppose for a moment that KZ is a typical Dane. Not really a typical footballer either.
He's not Erik Gundersen.