Add a player - Dirtiest
Ally Robertson.
There was a game against Man U - I’m pretty sure it was the cup replay in 78 - when Joe Jordan took out John Wile with a straight arm ages after the ball had gone. Wile was carried off. 2 minutes later, Joe Jordan was laid out unconscious with no one near him, especially not Ally Rob who had made sure he’d got away sharpish after punching his lights out
Many Argentinian defenders....
Antonio Rattin.
Daniel Passarella
Oscar Ruggeri.
Hard as nails, but could play a bit.Seem to remember Passarella lamping Souness when they both played in Italy.
(07-04-2022, 08:10 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Many Argentinian defenders....
Antonio Rattin.
Daniel Passarella
Oscar Ruggeri.
Hard as nails, but could play a bit.Seem to remember Passarella lamping Souness when they both played in Italy.

Many Italian defenders too for that matter. They invented the dark arts and general defensive thuggery.

Gentile - most inappropriate name ever!
(07-04-2022, 08:21 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(07-04-2022, 08:10 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Many Argentinian defenders....
Antonio Rattin.
Daniel Passarella
Oscar Ruggeri.

Many Italian defenders too for that matter. They invented the dark arts and general defensive thuggery.

Gentile - most inappropriate name ever!
Forgot about Gentile, they had one called Rosato in the 60s / 70s  he was a hatchet man. Remember Tardelli knocking Kevin Keegans teeth out also.
Uruguay had some dirty bastards as well, Batista got sent off after less than a minute against Scotland in Mexico 86.
I'm surprised we've got this far and no-one's mentioned Bryan Robson. I remember Pat Nevin saying there was a moment just before the pain kicked in when you just had to admire Robson's technique at leaving a foot in.
For all their defensive genius.

Maldini
Baresi
Nesta

All 3 were capable of being absolute shit houses when it was required, as all good defenders should be.
Surprised no one has mentioned Pepe.
Clarnet v2.0
Terry Hurlock…hard bastard!
By the inch - Giles by a mile, dirty bastard always got his retaliation in first, hard as nails.   He was also an absolutely brilliant footballer.  

Appleton too, I remember before we signed him he got sent off after one of the worst tackles I've seen, nearly crippled Clem.  When I heard we were signing him I was chuffed!
Diego Costa is one of the biggest shit houses I have seen.