Third favourites next season…
(05-30-2022, 07:46 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 07:34 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: But, but, but we weren’t in the relegation zone when TP took charge! Just like Val sacked too soon!

Yeah they're the same. Pulis took us up 4 places from 17th to 13th. Bruce took us up 4 places from 5th to 1st.

Looking forward to the Prem.

(05-30-2022, 07:40 PM)Woodman scoreboar Wrote: The same centre backs that have no bottle at all .

Furlong is dog s@@t and Townsend has levelled off to his Scunthorpe form .
We need a clear out with fast and hungry players not ones that just coast through games with no hunger .

Defensive record was fine. There's at least 3-4 Championship quality centre backs among them.

Agree on Furlong

Val was fucking awful… the end. I will put my neck on the line and say we shall make the play-offs next season with Bruce in charge.
(05-30-2022, 07:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 07:34 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: But, but, but we weren’t in the relegation zone when TP took charge! Just like Val sacked too soon!

Yeah they're the same. Pulis took us up 4 places from 17th to 13th. Bruce took us up 4 places from 5th to 1st.

(05-30-2022, 07:40 PM)Woodman scoreboar Wrote: The same centre backs that have no bottle at all .

We need a clear out with fast and hungry players not ones that just coast through games with no hunger .

Defensive record was fine. There's at least 3-4 Championship quality centre backs among them.

Agree on Furlong

Val was fucking awful… the end. I will put my neck on the line and say we shall make the play-offs next season with Bruce in charge.

Everyone knows you think that, and basically everyone agreed he should have been sacked. You're arguing against a position that almost no one holds! Time to move on
(05-30-2022, 08:09 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 07:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Agree on Furlong

Everyone knows you think that, and basically everyone agreed he should have been sacked. You're arguing against a position that almost no one holds! Time to move on

I’m not arguing tbh just throwing up in cheap nasty comments, as the Liverpool thread was full
Fair enough Big Grin
*puts head above the parapet*

Happy to say I wouldn’t have sacked Val, and I’d feel far more confident going into next season with Val in charge and another window to work in than I do with Bruce.

He should never have been appointed, but with him here and our whole budget spunked on his top target we should have persevered. I doubt we’d have finished any lower than we did with Bruce.

Still we’ll never know.
(05-30-2022, 08:18 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: *puts head above the parapet*

Happy to say I wouldn’t have sacked Val, and I’d feel far more confident going into next season with Val in charge and another window to work in than I do with Bruce.

He should never have been appointed, but with him here and our whole budget spunked on his top target we should have persevered. I doubt we’d have finished any lower than we did with Bruce.

Still we’ll never know.

There's definitely a bizarre symmetry in the fact that he took Besiktas from 11th to 6th (up 5 places) while after he left we went from 5th to 10th (down 5 places). Maybe Val's just good at having an instant impact.

I've said all along regardless of how bad we were towards the end of the last season this transfer window is much more important than how we performed on the pitch in the last couple of months. Get the right people in and I think we'll do well.

IMO so far the signs are promising as long as we can keep Dike and Swift injury free.
(05-30-2022, 08:26 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 08:18 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: *puts head above the parapet*

Still we’ll never know.

There's definitely a bizarre symmetry in the fact that he took Besiktas from 11th to 6th (up 5 places) while after he left we went from 5th to 10th (down 5 places). Maybe Val's just good at having an instant impact.

I've said all along regardless of how bad we were towards the end of the last season this transfer window is much more important than how we performed on the pitch in the last couple of months. Get the right people in and I think we'll do well.

IMO so far the signs are promising as long as we can keep Dike and Swift injury free.

Val’s system was found out early on and he hadn’t brought in the players to play any other way. He tried to amend the style when with hindsight he’d have probably been better doubling down and going all out with the press.

The Dike injury then killed Plan A and the failure to provide the  midfielder he also wanted killed us.

Val was an inexperienced manager who was going to make mistakes, but he would have learned from them, and I do feel our loss is Besiktas’ gain.

However I agree with you Slice… the players on the pitch and the appointments Big Ron makes behind the scenes are currently far more important than who is in the dugout. Whilst Bruce isn’t inspiring, he should be a safe pair of hands to haul us towards the top 6.