Third favourites next season…
(05-30-2022, 03:42 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 03:41 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I think we are stronger up front if Big D is fit.

That's true. We really need a reasonable back up though in case injuries happen

100% we need to sign another number 9. I'm excited to see what Dike will do but his injuries with us so far have shown we need reliable back up.

My guess is we'll go for a premier loan. Delap would have been an option but I think any City kids will be heading to Vincent Kompanys Burnley®
(05-30-2022, 03:37 PM)Sliced Wrote: We were 5th until the massive collapse of 1 point in 5 games despite being pretty crap for a while, although a lot of that was down to an incredible start to last season under Val.

Next season I don't expect the start to be as good but we need to be less patchy with our form and hopefully better overall.

So far in terms of personnel we're weaker in net, marginally weaker in defence, theoretically much improved already in midfield and weaker up front, but it won't take much to make sure that we're at least comparable to last season in terms of strikers and I think our centre backs and left backs are good enough anyway. A good utilisation of the loan market is key and there's no reason why we can't have a better squad than last year.

Can we do a Forest and have an utterly wank start and a brilliant finish for a change instead?
(05-30-2022, 06:10 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 03:37 PM)Sliced Wrote: We were 5th until the massive collapse of 1 point in 5 games despite being pretty crap for a while, although a lot of that was down to an incredible start to last season under Val.

Next season I don't expect the start to be as good but we need to be less patchy with our form and hopefully better overall.

So far in terms of personnel we're weaker in net, marginally weaker in defence, theoretically much improved already in midfield and weaker up front, but it won't take much to make sure that we're at least comparable to last season in terms of strikers and I think our centre backs and left backs are good enough anyway. A good utilisation of the loan market is key and there's no reason why we can't have a better squad than last year.

Can we do a Forest and have an utterly wank start and a brilliant finish for a change instead?

You mean sack a past it manager and bring in someone with a clue?

Arf! Trying to genuinely think of the last time that happened.

The great escape maybe....ish?
(05-30-2022, 07:12 PM)Sliced Wrote:

Hodgsons arrival? We were dropping like a stone under RDM and we’re just above relegation when Roy arrived. Went on a run and finished 11th.

Or when TP took over from Irvine?
(05-30-2022, 07:14 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 07:12 PM)Sliced Wrote:

Hodgsons arrival? We were dropping like a stone under RDM and we’re just above relegation when Roy arrived. Went on a run and finished 11th.

Or when TP took over from Irvine?
Good point
But, but, but we weren’t in the relegation zone when TP took charge! Just like Val sacked too soon!

The same centre backs that have no bottle at all .

Furlong is dog s@@t and Townsend has levelled off to his Scunthorpe form .
We need a clear out with fast and hungry players not ones that just coast through games with no hunger .

Not with this squad. They normally peak in September/October.  Big Grin

With another 4 or 5 additions however.......

......then again if we're outside the top 6 at Christmas it will be toxic again.
(05-30-2022, 07:34 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: But, but, but we weren’t in the relegation zone when TP took charge! Just like Val sacked too soon!

Yeah they're the same. Pulis took us up 4 places from 17th to 13th. Bruce took us up 4 places from 5th to 1st.

Looking forward to the Prem.

BTW, he wasn't sacked too soon. I think I've seen about 2 people saying he was. He'd lost the players, but that doesn't mean he was primarily at fault. Some of us identified that the players were the main issue at the time Big Grin

(05-30-2022, 07:40 PM)Woodman scoreboar Wrote: The same centre backs that have no bottle at all .

Furlong is dog s@@t and Townsend has levelled off to his Scunthorpe form .
We need a clear out with fast and hungry players not ones that just coast through games with no hunger .

Defensive record was fine. There's at least 3-4 Championship quality centre backs among them.

Agree on Furlong