‘Sign Us’ Mane
Probably played his last game at the Lantern Yard. Perhaps Liverpool have gone as far as Klopp can take them.
How do they go further? Only one team can win the big trophies. They took 92 points but didn’t win the league, got to a final and came against a keeper having the game of his life…

I don’t think it’s a case of “going further” they are competing at the highest possible level and are losing out of the finest margins. Would another manager really be able to go further?
(05-28-2022, 09:35 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Probably played his last game at the Lantern Yard. Perhaps Liverpool have gone as far as Klopp can take them.

Indeed.
Well they won 2 trophies without winning a football match in normal or extra time, the only thing there good at is penalties. They can only beat Chelsea. Sorry for Klopp No a great result for the sour faced get. Bye bye Mane.
(05-28-2022, 09:38 PM)Duffers Wrote: How do they go further? Only one team can win the big trophies. They took 92 points but didn’t win the league, got to a final and came against a keeper having the game of his life…

I don’t think it’s a case of “going further” they are competing at the highest possible level and are losing out of the finest margins. Would another manager really be able to go further?

He is a great keeper, so not the game of his life. Three cup finals for the Scousers - no goals scored.  Did all the keepers who were lesser have the games of their lives?  Fine margins - they could have won nowt.  Pep is probably consoling Klopp now.
(05-28-2022, 09:43 PM)hudds Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 09:38 PM)Duffers Wrote: How do they go further? Only one team can win the big trophies. They took 92 points but didn’t win the league, got to a final and came against a keeper having the game of his life…

He is a great keeper, so not the game of his life. Three cup finals for the Scousers - no goals scored.  Did all the keepers who were lesser have the games of their lives?  Fine margins - they could have won nowt.  Pep is probably consoling Klopp now.

IMO Klopp has taken Liverpool to a state where they are a serious contender for every competition they enter. I don’t think there’s much further to go, I think at this level now you have to get the breaks and they haven’t had them last few weeks.
(05-28-2022, 09:40 PM)wba13 Wrote: Well they won 2 trophies without winning a football match in normal or extra time, the only thing there good at is penalties. They can only beat Chelsea. Sorry for  Klopp No a great result for the sour faced get. Bye bye Mane.

Failed to score in the 3 finals they have played in this season
(05-28-2022, 09:49 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 09:40 PM)wba13 Wrote: Well they won 2 trophies without winning a football match in normal or extra time, the only thing there good at is penalties. They can only beat Chelsea. Sorry for  Klopp No a great result for the sour faced get. Bye bye Mane.

Failed to score in the 3 finals they have played in this season

They won two of them.
(05-28-2022, 09:47 PM)Duffers Wrote:

IMO Klopp has taken Liverpool to a state where they are a serious contender for every competition they enter. I don’t think there’s much further to go, I think at this level now you have to get the breaks and they haven’t had them last few weeks.

They had 2 lucky breaks at Wembley in the League and FA Cup Finals.
(05-28-2022, 09:51 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 09:47 PM)Duffers Wrote:

They had 2 lucky breaks at Wembley in the League and FA Cup Finals.
Fine margins - they didn't score either but took two cups.  Could have been none.