Crypto Collapse
(05-13-2022, 02:54 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 02:47 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 02:36 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Wonder if this has hit HRK, he was into his crypto.

Let's give him a contract.

He could probably still out perform Kenneth, fucking Zohore.     Big Grin

Kenny is looking a bit folically challenged.
(05-13-2022, 02:38 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 02:36 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Wonder if this has hit HRK, he was into his crypto.

thought that was turmeric?

Both.
Speaking of batshit mental NFT shite…

https://www.nme.com/news/music/madonna-d...na-3225404
Must admit I've been away and saw this so thought I'd check on some of my stash, figured ah what the hell so sold a whopping 0.2 ETH for £350... considering I'd bought 1 whole ETH for £200 last year I think that's still a much higher return than I'd have got in any bank.

Then I cashed out £500, leaving the rest of my bits and pieces on Coinbase still worth over £600, and I can't even be bothered to look at the few thousand other coins I've got in wallets and on HitBTC... but they should still be a couple / few thousand £.

Considering I've only ever spent a total of about £600. I don't consider it too bad as the £600 became over £4k in under 3 years (as I say show me a bank Account / ISA that can do that), at one point it was up to £9k, but hey ho... I've already had double back my initial cash and still have a few grand to mess about with.

Like everything don't get greedy and don't be stupid and you'll be fine. Anyone who's been dabbling within the last 12 months should have known they were taking a massive risk as the prices were ridiculously high.
(05-15-2022, 03:26 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I can't even be bothered to look at the few thousand other coins I've got in wallets and on HitBTC... but they should still be a couple / few thousand £.

I wasn't expecting some thinly veiled MCW Oneupmanship from you lid.
(05-15-2022, 03:32 PM)SophLad Wrote:
(05-15-2022, 03:26 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I can't even be bothered to look at the few thousand other coins I've got in wallets and on HitBTC... but they should still be a couple / few thousand £.

LOL wasn't intended as such. I got lucky, a guy I worked with a few years ago gave us a heads up on a new Alt Coin that we got for about 2p per coin and it ended up at one point hitting £2 per coin. I then bought some other stuff and it's literally just been sat in an online wallet for ages, logging in to it is annoying and I couldn't be bothered was all.

Just logged in and there's $3800 worth on HitBTC, I've got 4,700 Utrust sat in My Ether Wallet, they're a whopping 12p per coin now... not much more than when i bought them, they had gone to over 30p / 40p at one point...£600ish in real money.

The numbers of these things is the funniest part, I belatedly spent £10 on some ShibA Inu, and that got me 176,000 of them! Big Grin they're my biggest loss ever as they're only worth about £1.70 right now.

For me it was all a bit of fun with some disposable income (the £600 I spent I did over about 14 months), I just got lucky and timed things right... The guy who gave me the heads up turned £1.5k into over £30k+ at one point, think he ended up paying a deposit on his mortgage and for his wedding with it. My trifling amount is nothing compared to some people.
Somebody was trying to tell me the other day about a virtual world - Metaverse, or something like it.
Apparently people pay $4000 for an acre of land on there, and it isn’t actual real.
I’m just glad I don’t understand any of this.
(05-15-2022, 03:58 PM)MassDebater Wrote:

LOL wasn't intended as such. I got lucky, a guy I worked with a few years ago gave us a heads up on a new Alt Coin that we got for about 2p per coin and it ended up at one point hitting £2 per coin. I then bought some other stuff and it's literally just been sat in an online wallet for ages, logging in to it is annoying and I couldn't be bothered was all.

Just logged in and there's $3800 worth on HitBTC, I've got 4,700 Utrust sat in My Ether Wallet, they're a whopping 12p per coin now... not much more than when i bought them, they had gone to over 30p / 40p at one point...£600ish in real money.

The numbers of these things is the funniest part, I belatedly spent £10 on some ShibA Inu, and that got me 176,000 of them! Big Grin they're my biggest loss ever as they're only worth about £1.70 right now.

For me it was all a bit of fun with some disposable income (the £600 I spent I did over about 14 months), I just got lucky and timed things right... The guy who gave me the heads up turned £1.5k into over £30k+ at one point, think he ended up paying a deposit on his mortgage and for his wedding with it. My trifling amount is nothing compared to some people.
You will be telling us about your model girlfriend in second life next.
And they say these things aren’t manufactured. Just a money grab from those who know, of off those who don’t, advertised and glamorised by those who really don’t know either. But just happened to do well.
(05-15-2022, 10:50 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: And they say these things aren’t manufactured. Just a money grab from those who know, of off those who don’t, advertised and glamorised by those who really don’t know either. But just happened to do well.

TBF all money is basically made up... just with a promise off some government that it has an intrinsic value...

(05-15-2022, 05:58 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(05-15-2022, 03:58 PM)MassDebater Wrote:

You will be telling us about your model girlfriend in second life next.

is Second Life even still going?? Big Grin