Crypto Collapse
(05-12-2022, 04:08 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Guess the boot is on the other imaginary foot, now.

And without a leg to stand on.
(05-12-2022, 04:11 PM)hudds Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 04:08 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Guess the boot is on the other imaginary foot, now.

And without a leg to stand on.

Because of a fungible infection?
(05-12-2022, 04:08 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: One of the guys I used to work for who sold out spent a significant chunk on Bitcoin, and made a packet on that too. Don't know if he's still heavily invested in it; truly hope not. Like a lot of things it's knowing when to jump.

NFTs were the one I really couldn't understand. I always thought people showing me digital pictures they 'owned' seemed a little more smug about their investments than they should be. Guess the boot is on the other imaginary foot, now.

NFTs are nothing but a scam, you pay to own a receipt of a digital asset but not the asset itself. Also, unlike bitcoin and Ethereum you can't use them for anything tangible.

At least you can use bitcoin to buy drugs.
(05-12-2022, 05:02 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 04:08 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: One of the guys I used to work for who sold out spent a significant chunk on Bitcoin, and made a packet on that too. Don't know if he's still heavily invested in it; truly hope not. Like a lot of things it's knowing when to jump.

NFTs were the one I really couldn't understand. I always thought people showing me digital pictures they 'owned' seemed a little more smug about their investments than they should be. Guess the boot is on the other imaginary foot, now.

NFTs are nothing but a scam, you pay to own a receipt of a digital asset but not the asset itself. Also, unlike bitcoin and Ethereum you can't use them for anything tangible.

At least you can use bitcoin to buy drugs.

And hitmen.
You can buy street food with Bitcoin in London. Crypto has a place in the world, but it’s too volatile to be of much use for trading purposes anymore. I never got involved, but seals and NFT’s are an absolute con. I know people who’ve made a shit load though.
In the form of his life.
May not be a terrible time to have a punt on a Bitcoin now mind….
(05-12-2022, 02:47 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I sincerely hope no-one on here is caught up in this.

Who'd have thought that something with zero intrinsic value could suddenly become far less valuable?
I've got loads of these bits of paper with pictures of the queen on, should I bin them then?
I sincerely hope the cunts who managed to clone my debit card and attempted to buy a couple of grand’s worth of crypto on it last year (they failed, bank security stopped them) have lost everything.
(05-12-2022, 03:22 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 02:58 PM)TTM2 Wrote: Had a look on a trading website and foolishly put my details in to have a look.

Ended up getting hundreds of calls a day for over a week from hawkers using random numbers, still get at least give a day now.

Put me off for life.

I just use my parents home phone number for stuff like that, they don't have their landline plugged in anyway so they don't care.

Could you not just make a number up?
(05-12-2022, 08:54 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 03:22 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 02:58 PM)TTM2 Wrote: Had a look on a trading website and foolishly put my details in to have a look.

Ended up getting hundreds of calls a day for over a week from hawkers using random numbers, still get at least give a day now.

Put me off for life.

I just use my parents home phone number for stuff like that, they don't have their landline plugged in anyway so they don't care.

Could you not just make a number up?

I could but then there's the risk of some random fucker getting cold called because I've made a number up that exists, at least I know my parents landline is both active and not used.