WW3
Looking closer tonight after GB offers to protect Finland and Sweden.  IMO this effectively brings the Yanks in too.
(05-11-2022, 05:24 PM)SophLad Wrote: Looking closer tonight after GB offers to protect Finland and Sweden.  IMO this effectively brings the Yanks in too.

How we (UK) going to protect them?
Send Boris
That’ll fwighten Pwutin
(05-11-2022, 05:24 PM)SophLad Wrote: Looking closer tonight after GB offers to protect Finland and Sweden.  IMO this effectively brings the Yanks in too.

Given the size of our Army, I doubt Putin is too bothered.
(05-11-2022, 05:26 PM)hudds Wrote:

How we (UK) going to protect them?

Send the Russians a strongly worded letter say how disappointed we are in their conduct.
Don't think we'd need to physically protect either, this just about extending MAD in the interim while they join NATO.

Russia are struggling to take Donbas from Ukraine, no chance they stand a chance in an offensive war where the Finnish forests talk to each other.
The way the Russians have performed so far Millwall's finest could give them a go. They're that shite, nuclear or biological weapons will be their only chance of saving face soon. Let's hope he's got at before then.
It seems that the Russian armed forces are about as good as their cars.

Without doubt Britain will strengthen its forces now, we need to.

Its one thing having the best tech in weaponry but we lack numbers in order to deploy on scale.

And yet only the frogs have comparable strength in Europe.
(05-11-2022, 06:16 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: It seems that the Russian armed forces are about as good as their cars.

Without doubt Britain will strengthen its forces now, we need to.

Its one thing having the best tech in weaponry but we lack numbers in order to deploy on scale.

And yet only the frogs have comparable strength in Europe.

Much as people like to bash GB, militarily there are few nations to match us militarily
I’ve mentioned this before,a friend of mine who’s been in the army for 40 odd years told me a couple of years ago that Russia is the main threat to the UK according to top brass,and so at the time they were ‘playing’ war game scenarios and every single outcome was a Russian victory over the UK within a couple of days.
I expect their views have changed seeing the shambles in Ukraine and the bravery of the Ukrainians. Perhaps this is why the PM is leading from the front.