When we lit the dark at Fratton Park
Over 10,000 Albion fans in a 17k crowd. Pompey fans just looked bemused that Fratton Park was taken over by away fans.
(05-08-2022, 08:49 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Over 10,000 Albion fans in a 17k crowd. Pompey fans just looked bemused that Fratton Park was taken over by away fans.

They weren't too pleased as kick-off approached IIRC. 

Great day. Apart from losing my hat. The big flag that was being passed around took my hat off. It went for a ride on the flag all the way around. Luckily i had a lot more hair then so didn't burn the bonce.
Not that I'm proud, but my god I did some fighting that day.  Blush
(05-08-2022, 06:42 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 06:33 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 06:27 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: I thought it was all over when you won 4-2 at ours the fortnight before. Luckily your run in was tougher

That was a bloody nightmare night.

Blues fans were in great spirit, I seriously thought we were doomed after that.

We were bang in trouble but had Buckos Grimsby at home whilst Blues had a real tough game at a good Bolton side. They drew and we won - which put it back in our hands. We could even afford to lose the game in hand at Luton

Don't know if my memory is playing tricks but didn't Blues draw 2-2 at home to Bristol City whilst we played Grimsby? Their last two games of the season wouldn't have both been away and they and us always share home and away fixtures so as not to clash with Villa.

They were either 2-0 up or 2-0 down at one point, if I recall correctly.
No - they were away at Burnden Park that day. Think they played Bristol a few weeks before