Greasy Jack
(05-08-2022, 06:07 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I've said before.

Look at Mahrez, first year at City was the same story, being sold, failed, not suited. Now a regular and sometimes key player for them. It takes 12 months for Pep to get a player doing what he wants week in, week out.

Grealish will adapt, City want him to be far more disciplined than he was at Villa, take less risks and actually pass the ball rather than take everyone on all the time.

I know you've said this before Birdy, and I've always naintained his lack of discipline is why Southgate doesn't fancy him.

Do you think he can be that player, though, and will changing him as a player blunt his game?
Yes he’s crap only had a hand in last 2 goals, he is a special talent but as usual we love writing off because he hasn’t been brilliant straight away. He was also very unselfish today.
(05-08-2022, 06:11 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Look at Mahrez, first year at City was the same story, being sold, failed, not suited. Now a regular and sometimes key player for them. It takes 12 months for Pep to get a player doing what he wants week in, week out.

Grealish will adapt, City want him to be far more disciplined than he was at Villa, take less risks and actually pass the ball rather than take everyone on all the time.

I know you've said this before Birdy, and I've always naintained his lack of discipline is why Southgate doesn't fancy him.

Do you think he can be that player, though, and will changing him as a player blunt his game?

If he can learn when to take players on and when to pass, it'll make him a more complete player. 

My concern would be that he has never seemed a very intelligent player, very skilful and technically extremely gifted. But tactical awareness and positioning is an issue, as you say, why Southgate has reservations. 

Very much like Koumas was for us, in teams where that skill and talent is rare, you let those players do what they like knowing it'll hurt the opposition more times than not. At the very top though, these players become a liability as they are dealt with by more intelligent players who know how to deal with such.

It's why Pereira was so, so good, because he also had good positional and tactical awareness, why it's such a waste seeing him play in Saudi Arabia, sold for only 17 fucking Million paid over fuck knows how many years.....
The kind of players that fans love and managers despair over. Megson had similar issues with Koumas and Buckley was never Sneekes greatest fan, despite the goals.
(05-08-2022, 06:19 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 06:11 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

If he can learn when to take players on and when to pass, it'll make him a more complete player. 

My concern would be that he has never seemed a very intelligent player, very skilful and technically extremely gifted. But tactical awareness and positioning is an issue, as you say, why Southgate has reservations. 

Very much like Koumas was for us, in teams where that skill and talent is rare, you let those players do what they like knowing it'll hurt the opposition more times than not. At the very top though, these players become a liability as they are dealt with by more intelligent players who know how to deal with such.

It's why Pereira was so, so good, because he also had good positional and tactical awareness, why it's such a waste seeing him play in Saudi Arabia, sold for only 17 fucking Million paid over fuck knows how many years.....

+100 on Pereira. 

He could have played for a club like City, but he just didn’t want it enough.

This.
(05-08-2022, 06:50 PM)Duffers Wrote:

This.
Maybe.

He certainly needs to learn to attack the far post, he could have 2 tap ins this afternoon and it was something they were highlighting on Sky.  They also talked about Sterling learning that in his second season.

I know all the history of him and why we have the dislike, doesn’t stop him being a quality player, CL winning quality? Time will tell.
滚开赖