Blues to be sold
(05-08-2022, 06:21 PM)KRO Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 06:14 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 05:39 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 04:32 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Was over at a Blues supporting mate’s last night. He reckons, as they don’t own the ground, in a few years they will be playing at The Alexander Stadium in Perry Barr, as the council tries to use it post Commonwealth Games.
He said he ain’t going into Villa territory to watch Blues at a rented ground.
They are a shambles of a club. We are worth infinitely more than them.
The deal includes the purchase of St Andrews, and the new UK owners have committed funds to complete the repairs.

Next season they could be in a better position than us.

Could be.

But very very unlikely.

Indeed. I upheld my '2 down, back to town' rule yesterday and left just before half time. Was back in the pub for 1.30pm. And ended up very drunk.
Also we've lost 10 home games in a season 9 times in our history. 6 of those times have been in the last 9 years. It's truly shambolic and a miracle we haven't been relegated. 
Blackburn 2 goals yesterday were the best 2 goals I'll ever see a team score in one game at our place. Loads applauded both.

(05-08-2022, 06:19 PM)mickeypearce Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 06:17 PM)KRO Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 04:32 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Was over at a Blues supporting mate’s last night. He reckons, as they don’t own the ground, in a few years they will be playing at The Alexander Stadium in Perry Barr, as the council tries to use it post Commonwealth Games.
The deal includes the purchase of St Andrews, and the new UK owners have committed funds to complete the repairs.

I'm naturally pessimistic, its the only way. But there does seem to be two lots interested. One fronted by Maxi Lopez and they want the ground first which equates to 21% and then a full takeover to follow down the line. I don't trust this one at all. Gone public way too early and seems attention seeking rather than professional.  The other has been brokered by Keith Harris (without Orville) who has helped do deals for Newcastle and other clubs sales & Neil Moxley the most pessimistic Blues fan going who works for the Mirror says he's told by trusted sources we should be very excited by the people he says are 'close' to a deal.
I expect us to be in administration some time soon  Big Grin 
Btw we will never play at the Alex. vile women have agreed a deal to play there I've heard.

Heard Moxley talking about this yesterday, Craig Gardner involved in some capacity.
Which worries me straight away.

As long as he has Pulis within earshot to tell him what to do he’ll be fine!
Go arnnn Gaaards!
(05-08-2022, 06:44 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 06:21 PM)KRO Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 06:14 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

Could be.

But very very unlikely.

Indeed. I upheld my '2 down, back to town' rule yesterday and left just before half time. Was back in the pub for 1.30pm. And ended up very drunk.
Also we've lost 10 home games in a season 9 times in our history. 6 of those times have been in the last 9 years. It's truly shambolic and a miracle we haven't been relegated. 
Blackburn 2 goals yesterday were the best 2 goals I'll ever see a team score in one game at our place. Loads applauded both.

(05-08-2022, 06:19 PM)mickeypearce Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 06:17 PM)KRO Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 05:39 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: The deal includes the purchase of St Andrews, and the new UK owners have committed funds to complete the repairs.

I'm naturally pessimistic, its the only way. But there does seem to be two lots interested. One fronted by Maxi Lopez and they want the ground first which equates to 21% and then a full takeover to follow down the line. I don't trust this one at all. Gone public way too early and seems attention seeking rather than professional.  The other has been brokered by Keith Harris (without Orville) who has helped do deals for Newcastle and other clubs sales & Neil Moxley the most pessimistic Blues fan going who works for the Mirror says he's told by trusted sources we should be very excited by the people he says are 'close' to a deal.
I expect us to be in administration some time soon  Big Grin 
Btw we will never play at the Alex. vile women have agreed a deal to play there I've heard.

Heard Moxley talking about this yesterday, Craig Gardner involved in some capacity.
Which worries me straight away.

As long as he has Pulis within earshot to tell him what to do he’ll be fine!

Please don't jest

The Alexander Stadium is the national athletics stadium, unlike the Olympic stadium in London and Eastlands in Manchester it already had a purpose and will continue to be used for that primarily.
Mike Ashley
(05-08-2022, 06:45 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: Go arnnn Gaaards!

Gaaaaaards take him on Gaaaaaaards.

Gaaaaaaaards BACK BACK BACK

Gaaaaaards can I have a couple hundred grand to help buy some land for my daughter, it’s all legit.
(05-08-2022, 04:08 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Reported price is £35M to include St Andrews.

Good luck to them, shows how much Lai is in for as a Chump club.

Compare that to Chelsea reportedly being sold for £4.25bn, which means that Blues are valued at just 0.8% of Chelsea's worth if I've done my calcs correctly.

It neatly demonstrates the hideous and shameful imbalances which exist in modern football.
(05-08-2022, 08:25 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 04:08 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Reported price is £35M to include St Andrews.

Compare that to Chelsea reportedly being sold for £4.25bn, which means that Blues are valued at just 0.8% of Chelsea's worth if I've done my calcs correctly.

It neatly demonstrates the hideous and shameful imbalances which exist in modern football.
And Chelsea have no history. Oh, hang on...... Big Grin
(05-08-2022, 08:25 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:

In fairness a couple billion of that is guaranteed money to be invested in players and the stadium, they’re not paying 4.25bn for the asset.

Point still remains that Blues shouldn’t be worth a less than a couple of percent of Chelsea.