What would you prefer to win
Bit unfair to ask Albion fans this....
(05-08-2022, 09:49 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: Bit unfair to ask Albion fans this....

Correct all we want to do is win 2 or 3 matches on the spin.
 But premiership every time.
Anything.

League cup, FA Cup, Prem, CL, Europa, Europa conference, the Dudley Sunday league trophy, the local Bingo tourney. Literally any trophy in my lifetime for Baggies.
(05-08-2022, 10:29 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Anything.

League cup, FA Cup, Prem, CL, Europa, Europa conference, the Dudley Sunday league trophy, the local Bingo tourney. Literally any trophy in my lifetime for Baggies.

Right now I'll take the PL2 Cup and be satisfied.
Shouldn’t the question be which would you prefer to buy?
(05-08-2022, 08:02 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: given the chance, the Premier League or the Champions League.

I am a bit old fashioned in this regard, i would always prioritise the donestic title.

And logically hard to call yourself the champions if europe when you are not even the best team in your own country.

Sad to say its not a question I've ever even thought about. Or will ever have to worry about in my lifetime. 

Fucking depressing.

Sad to say even the carabo cup seems a pipe dream.....
I'd be double happy, if we could win the fucking championship. FFS
(05-08-2022, 09:39 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 09:00 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 08:25 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 08:16 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Whichever team wins the league will be the better side, as has been said it’s the fairest and truest reflection of quality over a long period of time.

The Champions League however has the prestige of you being the best side in Europe, and significant financial rewards!

I’m sure if you were to as City they’d say the Champs League, whereas Liverpool would probably prefer the PL as they need to get a second title under Klopp.

But winning the Champions League doesn't make you the best team in Europe.
More often than not the team that wins the Champions League does not win their own domestic title, for very good reason.

In theory you can win the Champions League having lost 6 of 13 games played.

Hard to win a domestic title these days having lost 6 in 38 games.

You can say that about any knock out competition… leagues test longevity, resilience and depth of squad, whereas cups test a team’s ability to perform on the day, under high pressure and often with little time
for preparation. Being able to overcome these obstacles is for me just as important a characteristic of a good team as being able to consistently produce results over a 38 game slog, whereby you can lose a handful of big matches and still win the division.. in a cup, one mistake - of 5 minutes of sheer madness - can cost you the whole thing.

Over a mini-league format, Italy have shown they are certainly not the best team in Europe, but when it comes to handling pressure, showing sheer determination and pulling a result out when needed, they won the Euros, and showed they’re a better team under those conditions than an England side which can qualify through a mini league with ease.

I don't really believe that and especially the bit about zitaly.
They won a penalty taking competition, they drew the football match and to be honest I'm only ever intetested in the football match.

I just have missed the bit where we shared the Euro Cup.

Penalties are just as much a part of the game as the match… they require skill, concentration, composure, the ability to handle pressure, everything that sport is about.

Denmark got 27 points in World Cup qualifying, let’s sack off the tournament and hand them the trophy!