The official Congratulations on promotion to
(05-07-2022, 05:21 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 03:33 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 03:01 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Didn’t he take them from 16th to 7th and Bruce us 5th to 10th…..

Just saying loike

Cuzer

If you forget our run of form, the games in hand of other teams, how bunched up the league was and the fact that almost every team we played had worked out our binary tactics by the time Val left then yes.

What's that got to to do with the opening post you absolute cornet!

Sake

Cuzer

Because the ‘we were on 5th place’ when he left argument is a wafer thin defence of a manager whose results and performances were only going in one direction and it wasn’t up. The same defence is also used as proof that Bruce shouldn’t be manager next season.
I’m happy to put my balls on the line and suggest that Wilder’s Boro will finish above Bruce’s Albion next year.

(Null and void if either is replaced)
(05-08-2022, 10:42 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 10:01 AM)MancBaggie Wrote: Wilder managed  play off form. SB achieved bottom 6 form

That’s before you consider who has the better squad

They both in the big scheme achieved the square route of fuck all. Let’s see what happens with both of them next season and judge.

One has improved a side immensely, improved several players and integrates younger players whilst dragging a side up the division. The other is Steve Bruce
(05-08-2022, 12:13 PM)Duffers Wrote: I’m happy to put my balls on the line and suggest that Wilder’s Boro will finish above Bruce’s Albion next year.

(Null and void if either is replaced)

I don’t know enough about Boro in terms of behind the scenes stability, scouting etc to say anything with any certainty. So no balls will be placed on the line by myself. However happy to predict I think we shall finish above Boro next season and have this thread bumped.
Wilder wouldn’t have solved all of the problems, but was absolutely the best fit at the time. Big opportunity missed for stupid, non-footballing reasons, and the rest is just a consequence. In any case I truly hope no eco-town deals were harmed as a result of this decision.
(05-08-2022, 11:53 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 05:21 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 03:33 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 03:01 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Didn’t he take them from 16th to 7th and Bruce us 5th to 10th…..

Just saying loike

Cuzer

If you forget our run of form, the games in hand of other teams, how bunched up the league was and the fact that almost every team we played had worked out our binary tactics by the time Val left then yes.

What's that got to to do with the opening post you absolute cornet!

Sake

Cuzer

Because the ‘we were on 5th place’ when he left argument is a wafer thin defence of a manager whose results and performances were only going in one direction and it wasn’t up. The same defence is also used as proof that Bruce shouldn’t be manager next season.

Thanks for the explanation 

The original post was an ode to the fact Wilder hadn’t done very well, I was merely stating he had done a fine job given what he inherited, that was it

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers