Beergate
(05-09-2022, 09:01 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 06:15 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 10:40 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 09:59 AM)Sotv Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 09:54 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Well yes he probably would becayse he has no shame.

But in the real world, many would wonder why he hasn't resigned for far more egregious breaches of the lockdown rules. 

And in a win win situation for Labour it would give them the opportunity to offload a leader who is clearly not connecting with the electorate.
would that be the same lack of shame as calling for resignations when he knew all along he had been drinking beer with his mates?
In the real world, many are looking at Starmer and thinking what a slimy hypocrite he has turned out to be in all of this. 
I'm sure Derek and maybe yourself lectured me on the vacuousness of personality politics when i mentioned Starmer's issue was he wasn't getting his ideas across clearly a couple of months ago.

(05-08-2022, 08:07 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: If Starmer does receive a sanction then ithink he has to resign.

But from what we know i don't think he will.

If he does it begs the question, were they not suppise to campaign in these elections, or were they suppose to work all day  and not eat.

But trying to make an equivalence between this and the myriad of transgressions at Downing Street is a bit if a stretch.

I, along with many ordinary folk in this country take sandwiches to work and don't expect my employer to be buying me curry and beer.

Considering where the respective parties were two years ago, the turnaround of fortune currently for Mr populist Johnson and cabinet has been truly remarkable. 

If you begrudge the fact that Starmer drank a beer and ate a curry you’re going to be apocalyptic at the amount Johnson has spent of public and donor money on the finest of food and drink not to mention garish wallpaper since he became the PM.

I have no idea what has happened in Durham but I’m not going to take my lead morally from the Daily Mail who only last week used cropped photos of Starmer with the deceased Frank Dobson eating a curry in 2015 about a situation that occurred five years later.

It's not the eating of curry or drinking beer, it's the attempt to take the moral high ground when he knew full well he had been doing similar. 
I remember the usual mob on heres glee at Johnson being accused of rule breaking for participating in a zoom quiz.
I also remember Starmer claiming that Johnson should resign merely for being under investigation by the police, does the same now apply to him?
I've already made it clear I won't be voting for Johnson again so you can hardly throw the tired line of Tory apologist. If I'm honest I think they are all wankers of the highest order including Starmer and Johnson.
What I do see here however is a lot of labour apologists who are so blinded by their hate that they will accept the same poor behaviour from Starmer with the addition of bandwagon jumping hypocrisy, as long as it keeps their anti Tory credentials intact.
As for the break up of the UK, I really couldn't care less if it breaks up or not as long as I'm not financing EU fat cats,. We already finance enough UK ones of all political hues
Derek once again falls back on another tired line about the Daily Mail (what is it with the left and their reliance on clichés, it's as if they believe in a philosophy of being spoonfed ideas instead of thinking independently) yet you seem to think I'm going to take a site entitled something like "Boris Johnsons lies" should be taken seriously as a source.
.As someone once said on here, "thick as shit"

Johnson being under investigation showed that he had lied to the public and lied to Parliament over what had happened during the lockdowns and restrictions. That is the key thing you're missing, deliberately or otherwise. That doesn't apply to Starmer, he acknowledged the event happened and has said he didn't break any rules so the crux of the matter there isn't whether he lied about it but whether he broke the rules, hence the decision to resign should hinge on him being fined.

You're so blindsided by political partisanship that you refuse to address your own false equivalence on the matter. There is no hypocrisy.

SOTV not sure where the hypocrisy is?

Plenty on here have said if he reveives a sanction from the police he should resign.

But he hasn't so far.
(05-09-2022, 09:27 AM)Fido Wrote: What I can't understand is people constantly posting that someone has defended Johnson's actions about misleading/lying about what they got up to. No-one has done that. I think if we want to find common ground let's use the same yardstick by which to judge. Whoever lies about what they did needs to face judgement and if one side calls someone else out for something they did then it's pure hypocrisy. Surely that's one point everyone can agree on?? There's always going to be "well, what they did is worse because..." but when it comes down to it that is hardly the issue, is it?

Or maybe we should all just grow up.
So Starmer has said he will resign if found guilty. So over to you Johnson.

Also the argument one event is the same as multiple events by those who make the laws inside No10, where parties were had, bottles of booze bought in via suitcases, wives and friends invited to celebrate people getting the boot is nonsense.
Starmer shows the integrity in someone whom the country could trust.

So, let's see how Johnson and his Cult reply for all his covid rule breaking followed by cover ups and lies?

Where the hell is that Sue Grey ????
(05-09-2022, 03:36 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: So Starmer has said he will resign if found guilty. So over to you Johnson.

Also the argument one event is the same as multiple events by those who make the laws inside No10, where parties were had, bottles of booze bought in via suitcases, wives and friends invited to celebrate people getting the boot is nonsense.

I don't agree with you very often on politics, Derek, but you are correct on this.

How the hell can any party even hope to enforce any future lockdown after all of this?
(05-09-2022, 06:10 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Starmer shows the integrity in someone whom the country could trust.

So, let's see how Johnson and his Cult reply for all his covid rule breaking followed by cover ups and lies?

The cynic in me says politically it was just about his last card to play...
(05-09-2022, 08:29 PM)Fido Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 06:10 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Starmer shows the integrity in someone whom the country could trust.

Arf compared to Johnson… whose still stinking the country out. I await Johnson and Sunak resignation.
(05-09-2022, 08:33 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 08:29 PM)Fido Wrote:

Arf compared to Johnson… whose still stinking the country out. I await Johnson and Sunak resignation.

Are there posters defending Boris that only you can see?
Starmer playing a cynical game putting pressure on the police. So transparent.
(05-10-2022, 06:49 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Starmer playing a cynical game putting pressure on the police. So transparent.

What a dreadful thing to say about someone with so much "integrity". 

<cues up Derek for another rant about people defending Johnson>