Appointing Bruce
What we have to remember is it’s a short close season, so whatever happens if Bruce stays or goes it has to be done Quickley. With Bruce having put pre season in place with Portugal muted and having given whoever signs our players a list of who he wants in and out, surely in my opinion best to keep him or the process starts all over again.
For those that went to the game was there any discontent towards Bruce? Did fans show Gourlay that Bruce isn't wanted/popular?

The only way fans can influence a decision is to vocally show the decision makers that he's not wanted. If this wasn't done then no one can complain when he's given the role surely.

I fear the general malaise after a shit season means fans can't be arsed to muster up the energy to voice their concerns anymore....
(04-24-2022, 01:50 PM)Peachy Wrote: For those that went to the game was there any discontent towards Bruce? Did fans show Gourlay that Bruce isn't wanted/popular?

The only way fans can influence a decision is to vocally show the decision makers that he's not wanted. If this wasn't done then no one can complain when he's given the role surely.

I fear the general malaise after a shit season means fans can't be arsed to muster up the energy to voice their concerns anymore....

The last paragraph pretty much sums it up.

It was just pretty much silent in the home areas for almost all of the game. There was barely a cheer when we were awarded the penalty.
(04-24-2022, 12:52 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Why are we reluctant to remove a manager who has failed.
Clubs in Europe change managers even when they win cups and leagues. We should embrace change not do things as a last resort. 
We employed Bruce to get us into the play offs nothing more nothing less. He failed miserably.
Now if he had improved moral, motivation played attractive football and introduced promising youngsters he would have a case for staying on.
Why should he stay on I'm missing something. I cannot understand why several want him to stay.
They say it's not his players, they never were and will never be. He's forgotten what he came to do. Never mind getting sacked he should resign. 
And FFS don't let him blow what little money we have and then get the sack before Xmas. 
We always hang about making decisions. Bit like I'm sure we waited for the window to close before Bruce cane in.

Bang on Remi. Bang fucking on! We actually appointed Bruce to get us challenging again for the automatic spots.....

Shit players or not he's been an abject failure.....
(04-24-2022, 01:54 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 12:52 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Why are we reluctant to remove a manager who has failed.
Clubs in Europe change managers even when they win cups and leagues. We should embrace change not do things as a last resort. 
We employed Bruce to get us into the play offs nothing more nothing less. He failed miserably.
Now if he had improved moral, motivation played attractive football and introduced promising youngsters he would have a case for staying on.
Why should he stay on I'm missing something. I cannot understand why several want him to stay.
They say it's not his players, they never were and will never be. He's forgotten what he came to do. Never mind getting sacked he should resign. 
And FFS don't let him blow what little money we have and then get the sack before Xmas. 
We always hang about making decisions. Bit like I'm sure we waited for the window to close before Bruce cane in.

Bang on Remi. Bang fucking on! We actually appointed Bruce to get us challenging again for the automatic spots.....

Shit players or not he's been an abject failure.....

+1

As an aside, what exactly is the point of inserting an end of season break clause in his contract, if we're not gonna excercise it after, a shit show like this.
Just how fucking bad would his failure have to be for us to sack him?
(04-24-2022, 12:44 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 11:36 AM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: I posted something probably far too long and rambling on this on Friday.

The essence of it for me is that - whilst he correctly (now at least) identifies that work needs to be done - he would say this. It suits him to. We’ve all been saying for ages that the squad needs an overhaul.

The big question is whether or not he’s the right man to do it. For me we’ve not seen enough evidence of that. We can all point to the cumulative damage done by the poor successive transfer strategies of Slav, Val (and even Pulis) before him, but all of these have at some point produced periods of good form. Most recently, Val did have us comfortably in the top two at one point.

The wheels came off and I think mostly everyone (players included) had lost faith in the Val project, not helped by Val becoming seemingly clueless in arresting the slide. But the biggest problem is that Bruce hasn’t actually produced anything decent of note to slide from. So what qualifies him to lead the rebuild. Val may not have been ‘the messiah’. But he did at least have the same group of players churning out good results at the very beginning. Bruce has yet to achieve that. Why?

Whilst on one hand I’m against our policy of sacking managers every six months (it has done us absolutely no favours as evidenced by now being a bottom half Chump team and deservedly so), it would arguably be better to try the Val project again; with someone better than either Val or Bruce to oversee it all. We missed that chance with Wilder last summer, and I fear that by keeping Bruce in charge we are going to miss it again.

And this time, if it all falls apart, there will be no parachute money left to try it again.

Not sure how we could have seen evidence given he arrived after 31 Jan. But we do know he signed Bendtner, Larsson, Muamba, McGinn, St Maximum, Wilson and Willock at previous clubs. That’s evidence of being not too shabby at picking a player isn’t it?

(04-24-2022, 12:42 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 11:44 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 11:22 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
TTM2 Wrote:Regardless of who we appoint, and I share the exact same concerns with Bruce as above, the main factor in how we get on will be what the manager for next season is given by the circus upstairs to try and get things right.

We need major surgery and have so many players we need rid of but are on better money than they can ever hope to command elsewhere ever again. A massive chunk of the budget needs to go on fucking a few off leaving little to replace.

It’s not a job for anyone green, it’s not a job for the faint hearted.

I genuinely don't think we need much in order to be competitive in this league. A right back- we never replaced Ferguson. At least one creative midfielder and another combative midfielder, a la McInnes. Plus Carroll as back up for Dike.  Then we set about freezing out the lily livered pea-hearts until their agents get them a move.
Our real problem is, as you say, upstairs. No direction from the top.

Which is why we need a Director of Football, but absolutely nothing appears to have been done about this.

If Bruce had shown some signs of improving things and having a clear style of play that he was looking to adopt then I'd be happy for him to stay, but he's done nothing in any respect since he's arrived to give me any confidence in him.
When Gourlay took over as `Football Executive`or whatever he is, he made a big point of `re-connecting with the fans` and putting in place `A proper football board` etc. When is he going to start doing any of this?

Last week. He came to Warwick and spoke to the supporters club there. He said he’s setting up an executive of maybe 2 or 3 to vet and approve signings. Don’t shoot the messenger!
Well that will at least be a start. Any hints about who this 2 or 3 people may be ?
(04-24-2022, 01:53 PM)Atomic Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 01:50 PM)Peachy Wrote: For those that went to the game was there any discontent towards Bruce? Did fans show Gourlay that Bruce isn't wanted/popular?

It was just pretty much silent in the home areas for almost all of the game. There was barely a cheer when we were awarded the penalty.

I'd agree. Attendances have fallen off a cliff this season. Lots of reasons why, but the performances on the pitch have been the biggest reason. The game yesterday wasn't as bad as Swansea or Stoke, but it wasn't great either. Set pieces remained abject until Philips came on.
(04-24-2022, 02:29 PM)Squid Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 01:53 PM)Atomic Wrote:

I'd agree. Attendances have fallen off a cliff this season. Lots of reasons why, but the performances on the pitch have been the biggest reason. The game yesterday wasn't as bad as Swansea or Stoke, but it wasn't great either. Set pieces remained abject until Philips came on.

Assume Phillips will start the next 2 games. Despite his patchy form over the years he is one of our better players. One of the few willing to take a defender on. And one of the few able to cross a ball accurately.
(04-24-2022, 02:14 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 12:44 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 11:36 AM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: I posted something probably far too long and rambling on this on Friday.

The essence of it for me is that - whilst he correctly (now at least) identifies that work needs to be done - he would say this. It suits him to. We’ve all been saying for ages that the squad needs an overhaul.

The big question is whether or not he’s the right man to do it. For me we’ve not seen enough evidence of that. We can all point to the cumulative damage done by the poor successive transfer strategies of Slav, Val (and even Pulis) before him, but all of these have at some point produced periods of good form. Most recently, Val did have us comfortably in the top two at one point.

The wheels came off and I think mostly everyone (players included) had lost faith in the Val project, not helped by Val becoming seemingly clueless in arresting the slide. But the biggest problem is that Bruce hasn’t actually produced anything decent of note to slide from. So what qualifies him to lead the rebuild. Val may not have been ‘the messiah’. But he did at least have the same group of players churning out good results at the very beginning. Bruce has yet to achieve that. Why?

Whilst on one hand I’m against our policy of sacking managers every six months (it has done us absolutely no favours as evidenced by now being a bottom half Chump team and deservedly so), it would arguably be better to try the Val project again; with someone better than either Val or Bruce to oversee it all. We missed that chance with Wilder last summer, and I fear that by keeping Bruce in charge we are going to miss it again.

And this time, if it all falls apart, there will be no parachute money left to try it again.

Not sure how we could have seen evidence given he arrived after 31 Jan. But we do know he signed Bendtner, Larsson, Muamba, McGinn, St Maximum, Wilson and Willock at previous clubs. That’s evidence of being not too shabby at picking a player isn’t it?

(04-24-2022, 12:42 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 11:44 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 11:22 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: I genuinely don't think we need much in order to be competitive in this league. A right back- we never replaced Ferguson. At least one creative midfielder and another combative midfielder, a la McInnes. Plus Carroll as back up for Dike.  Then we set about freezing out the lily livered pea-hearts until their agents get them a move.
Our real problem is, as you say, upstairs. No direction from the top.

Which is why we need a Director of Football, but absolutely nothing appears to have been done about this.

If Bruce had shown some signs of improving things and having a clear style of play that he was looking to adopt then I'd be happy for him to stay, but he's done nothing in any respect since he's arrived to give me any confidence in him.
When Gourlay took over as `Football Executive`or whatever he is, he made a big point of `re-connecting with the fans` and putting in place `A proper football board` etc. When is he going to start doing any of this?

Last week. He came to Warwick and spoke to the supporters club there. He said he’s setting up an executive of maybe 2 or 3 to vet and approve signings. Don’t shoot the messenger!
Well that will at least be a start. Any hints about who this 2 or 3 people may be ?

None at all mate
I don’t think it’s a done deal yet
Remember Lai vetoed Wilder’s appointment if he
Does know anything about football showing Mr Bruce the door
Should’nt be a problem