Appointing Bruce
(04-24-2022, 02:07 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 01:54 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 12:52 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Why are we reluctant to remove a manager who has failed.
Clubs in Europe change managers even when they win cups and leagues. We should embrace change not do things as a last resort. 
We employed Bruce to get us into the play offs nothing more nothing less. He failed miserably.
Now if he had improved moral, motivation played attractive football and introduced promising youngsters he would have a case for staying on.
Why should he stay on I'm missing something. I cannot understand why several want him to stay.
They say it's not his players, they never were and will never be. He's forgotten what he came to do. Never mind getting sacked he should resign. 
And FFS don't let him blow what little money we have and then get the sack before Xmas. 
We always hang about making decisions. Bit like I'm sure we waited for the window to close before Bruce cane in.

Bang on Remi. Bang fucking on! We actually appointed Bruce to get us challenging again for the automatic spots.....

Shit players or not he's been an abject failure.....

+1

As an aside, what exactly is the point of inserting an end of season break clause in his contract, if we're not gonna excercise it after, a shit show like this.
Just how fucking bad would his failure have to be for us to sack him?

Thats a very good point. It must clearly have been to see how they worked together and a relationship clause as opposed to anything on the playing side as as you say surely finishing 12th in the league would have seen him automatically binned. 

Results wise, and tactically, he's been fucking terrible imo. Certainly seen nothing to get excited about going forwards.
Peachy Wrote:For those that went to the game was there any discontent towards Bruce? Did fans show Gourlay that Bruce isn't wanted/popular?

The only way fans can influence a decision is to vocally show the decision makers that he's not wanted. If this wasn't done then no one can complain when he's given the role surely.

I fear the general malaise after a shit season means fans can't be arsed to muster up the energy to voice their concerns anymore....

No. Only a huge apathy at the whole situation. Meanwhile Cov fans were very loud, which normally gets a big response from ours, not yesterday though. TBF, if the board couldn't see the empty seats yesterday then they are more inept than evidenced so far. Probably the most empty home seats so far, whatever the OS may record as the gate.