Burnley
Cornet won the penalty and wanted it.

Before today, he’d never taken a penalty in a league match, only international friendlies (he scored all 3)
(04-17-2022, 06:22 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Living in the real world
Dyche was on a reported £100K a week
If he came to us he would be on £10k
And his transfer chest would be the same £10K
A very attractive offer not.
Burnley were done for as soon as the new owners factored in the annual transfer budget to pay the interest on the money it borrowed to buy the club.

Having only signed a new contract last year it could apparently cost Burnley £15m compensation.
(04-17-2022, 08:41 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
Burnley were done for as soon as the new owners factored in the annual transfer budget to pay the interest on the money it borrowed to buy the club.

Having only signed a new contract last year it could apparently cost Burnley £15m compensation.

Which would probably mean he won't be rushing into the first job he is offered. 
TBH, I'm not sure I'd like to start the season with another unbeaten run listening to fans moaning we're not playing like Barcelona.
(04-17-2022, 10:27 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(04-17-2022, 08:41 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:

Which would probably mean he won't be rushing into the first job he is offered. 
TBH, I'm not sure I'd like to start the season with another unbeaten run listening to fans moaning we're not playing like Barcelona.
Yep exactly this.
There is absolutely zero chance that Dyche was on 100k a week, I don't know what's been reported but there's absolutely no way
(04-18-2022, 10:21 AM)Sliced Wrote: There is absolutely zero chance that Dyche was on 100k a week, I don't know what's been reported but there's absolutely no way

Was widely reported at the time Sliced that that was the value of his deal.

Massive money for Burnley but Dyche was very much the only reason they were in the PL.

If they’re relegated I imagine those wages will drop hugely, or there will be an exit clause to protect Burnley.
I recall Burnley wanting Craig Dawson after our play off defeat. But with their wage cap couldn't afford his wages. Really surprised if Dyche is on anywhere near 100k
(04-18-2022, 10:57 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: I recall Burnley wanting Craig Dawson after our play off defeat. But with their wage cap couldn't afford his wages. Really surprised if Dyche is on anywhere near 100k

New owners since then CIM…
With the amount of debt they leveraged, keeping Dyche was absolutely key at the time.
(04-18-2022, 10:52 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 10:21 AM)Sliced Wrote: There is absolutely zero chance that Dyche was on 100k a week, I don't know what's been reported but there's absolutely no way

Massive money for Burnley but Dyche was very much the only reason they were in the PL.

If they’re relegated I imagine those wages will drop hugely, or there will be an exit clause to protect Burnley.

My understanding is that he’s on £5m a year including a huge bonus for keeping them up.  Something like £2m is the survival bonus.  As he was sacked before relegation occurred he could justifiably claim that his sacking has caused him to lose out on £5m a year for the remaining duration of his contract.  But that’s a drop in the ocean to Burnley’s owners compared to relegation this season.
(04-18-2022, 02:01 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 10:52 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

My understanding is that he’s on £5m a year including a huge bonus for keeping them up.  Something like £2m is the survival bonus.  As he was sacked before relegation occurred he could justifiably claim that his sacking has caused him to lose out on £5m a year for the remaining duration of his contract.  But that’s a drop in the ocean to Burnley’s owners compared to relegation this season.

Imagine that’s probably the case Prag, but £5m a year is still £100k/wk.

No doubt Burnley would be more than happy to survive and pay him his bonus whilst on gardening leave rather than only have to pay him £3m from a much tighter pot.