8 wins from our last 10.
(03-15-2022, 11:22 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 11:13 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 05:19 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 04:45 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 01:09 PM)Sliced Wrote: I'm sure this post will get lost in the thread, but basically we're going to need 23 points to have a good chance of the playoffs

Therefore we can afford to drop 7 points.

8 wins out of 10 would probably do it, as would 7 wins and 2 draws out of 10.

Our toughest games are Fulham (H), Bournemouth(H) and Forest(A) so we'll need at least two points from those and then victories in all the rest. I don't see it at all, but wins against Fulham and Bristol City would make the task a bit less impossible.

Not by me Sliced! 

No-one knows how many wins/points will be needed, the projected points of 73 at 46 games is just that.  It all depends on actual results.  Even winning all 10 may not be enough if someone currently above us does the same. 

It's one game at a time but back to back wins would put us right back in it.

It’s more the fact that there’s so many teams in the mix. We not just 6 points off the play offs and lying in 7th/8th/9th. It’s too congested and too many teams could take advantage but we did. Like you say, even winning 7/8 games may not be enough. We’ve left ourselves with too much to do. 

Not that I think we’ll get anywhere near 8 wins any way.

With a rocking Hawthorns we could win our 5 home games - Bournemouth, Blackpool, Stoke, Cov, Barnsley.   

We then have Brizzle, Blues, Forest (tough) and Reading away.  

Plus Dike and Phillips to come back. 

Keep the faith.

When you see it on paper our run in isn’t actually that difficult… we are mostly playing games against sides with very little to play for so a run isn’t out of the question, however I think we are a couple games short. It’s also not a great help that we have very few games against the top 6 contenders as we could do with taking some points off them… Forest A is absolutely massive, although it could all be over by then. 

Real shame we didn’t start with that formation, selection and intensity against Millwall, Preston or Swansea, just 3-4 points from those 3 games and we’d be right in this.

Not sure about that mate.

Bournemouth, Blackpool, Cov and Forest are all going for promotion/play offs, whilst Blues, Barnsley and Reading are in desperate need of a few points. I’d argue on Stoke and Bristol have nothing really to play for but that in turn means teams play without pressure. 

We just need to take it one game at a time. We’ve given ourselves a chance, and that’s all we want.
7 wins from our last 9 required!
(03-16-2022, 09:44 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: 7 wins from our last 9 required!

When it's 4 from 6 - that's when I'll start to believe!
(03-16-2022, 10:32 AM)fuzzbox Wrote:

When it's 4 points from 6 available then I might!
The last match of season could be fun, us needing a win to get in top 6 Barnsley need a win to stay up. Hmmmmm no it won’t be that close. Will it ??
(03-16-2022, 10:50 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(03-16-2022, 10:32 AM)fuzzbox Wrote:

When it's 4 points from 6 available then I might!

...and only might! Probably closer to the truth!
(03-16-2022, 11:09 AM)wba13 Wrote: The last match of season could be fun, us needing a win  to get in top 6 Barnsley need a win to stay up. Hmmmmm no it won’t be that close.          Will it ??

Especially with us having played Reading the week before too...
So in short, what we need to become is an Albion side that can beat the crapper sides.... Oh feck, we've always been shyte at that!
(03-16-2022, 11:09 AM)wba13 Wrote: The last match of season could be fun, us needing a win  to get in top 6 Barnsley need a win to stay up. Hmmmmm no it won’t be that close.          Will it ??

Sir, I present to you Brentford v Barnsley from two years ago!

If Barnsley stay up the week before, though, it could be a repeat of the 06/07 game  Wink