8 wins from our last 10.
(03-12-2022, 06:47 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 06:44 PM)baggie_ray Wrote: That only gets us 74 points, though, which may not even be enough to get us in the play offs. Not going to happen anyway.

77 last season.

70 the season before
Difficult to compare seasons as there are so many variables… all you can do is look at run rate for this season.

The various games in hand make it difficult but with so many teams in the mix it looks like being 58 points from 37 games being the current best marker - or 1.57 PPG.

Over the course of the season thats 73 points, and with so many teams being involved, and there being the likelihood of a few dead rubbers with rearrangements it may be higher.

8 wins from 10 is needed - not that we have much chance of that happening! I know it’s only 1 game in 36 but SJ’s howlers one Friday could really haunt us, back to back wins, lots of home games and needing 7 from 10 Id have been a lot more confident.
(03-13-2022, 10:08 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Difficult to compare seasons as there are so many variables… all you can do is look at run rate for this season.

The various games in hand make it difficult but with so many teams in the mix it looks like being 58 points from 37 games being the current best marker - or 1.57 PPG.

Over the course of the season thats 73 points, and with so many teams being involved, and there being the likelihood of a few dead rubbers with rearrangements it may be higher.

8 wins from 10 is needed - not that we have much chance of that happening! I know it’s only 1 game in 36 but SJ’s howlers one Friday could really haunt us, back to back wins, lots of home games and needing 7 from 10 Id have been a lot more confident.

Home form has been a massive part of the problem. Only one win at the Hawthorns in the last three months.
(03-13-2022, 10:16 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 10:08 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Difficult to compare seasons as there are so many variables… all you can do is look at run rate for this season.

Home form has been a massive part of the problem. Only one win at the Hawthorns in the last three months.

Our away from hasn’t been great either in that period Wink
(03-12-2022, 04:33 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 04:31 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Over to you, Albion.

We need 24 points.

Can we get 8 wins from the last 10?

Win next 4 and anything is possible…

We did it in 2002.  If records still exist, I actually predicted it on 'here' (Rivals?)!

I also thought the same back then - but that feeling was backed up by the character of that squad and the performances they were putting in. This squad does not have that character and their performances haven't inspired either.
Points per game is about all there is to guess at how many points are needed:

Fulham 2.1 PPG (expect around 98 points)
bournemouth 1.9 PPG (expect around 88 points)
Hudds 1.7 PPG (expect around 78 points)
QPR 1.6 PPG (expect around 75 points)
Blackburn 1.6 PPG (expected around 75points)
Blades 1.6 PPG (expect around 75 points)
Luton 1.6 PPG (expect around 75 points)
Boro 1.6 PPG (expect around 75 points)
Forest 1.6 PPG(expect around 75 points)
Coventry 1.5 PPG (expect around 69 points)
Millwall 1.5 PPG (expect around 69 points)
Blackpool 1.4 PPG (expect around 65 points)
PNE just under 1.4 PPG (expect around 65 points)
US just under 1.4 PPG (expect 65 points)

Stoke 1.3 PPG (expect around 59 points)

I've stopped there since noone below Stoke has much chance unless they win 10 / 11 games... out of 10/11 games

So realistically we need to get to 77 points, but 76 might do it.

So 26 points from 30 available, might see us scrape in... or 27 from 30 suggests we should be comfortably in the POs.

That means 8 wins and 2 draws, or 9 wins and one loss. It aint going to happen, but it's 'fun' pretending it could.

I guess at least we can almost officially put this season to rest on Tuesday if Fulham beat us (unless some lunatic is believing we can manage 9 straight wins!) One thing is for sure the positions of 4th, 5th and 6th are going to be damn close run.

Of course beat Fulham and more will start to think we can do it... and well Fulham didn't look great against Barnsley.

Simply put we need to get our bang average 1.4 PPG up to 2.6ish PPG in the next 10 games... not a big ask at all is it!??! (I don't think we've been close to 2.6PPG all season have we?)
We will do it.
(03-14-2022, 11:33 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: We will do it.

TBF you called Grant scoring correctly, so have a pat on the head and a here's hoping you're right from me fella.

Wish I could be as confident.

You said this about us staying up.
(03-14-2022, 11:40 AM)Duffers Wrote:

You said this about us staying up.

Come on Duffers, even Nostradamus got some predictions right... throw enough out there and sooner or later one must be right...