“He’s learning”
I still refer to the point that most would’ve been happy with playoffs at the start of the season. The frustration is that the last 2 games have been absolutely poor. Not just that though but the tactics have been appalling. Everyone can see it but the persistence with the system is baffling.

DM for me can resurrect himself if there is recognition of the tactical errors and change is made. If he can’t see it or doesn’t make tactical changes in the next couple of games then I will start to believe he is the wrong man. I can’t belueve he will not change it
(03-01-2019, 09:31 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 09:27 PM)Morley Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 09:25 PM)boingingbaggie Wrote: We've been awful all night, and we're still playing the same formation.
Baffling

I hope he learns that 433 is shit.

Is it Jones that's promoting (pardon the pun) this formation? If so BD needs to tell him where to stick it.

My thoughts entirely you do begin to wonder who is in charge now.
I thought 352 would suit us but the defence just couldn't cope. I don't like 433, we have to go 442 with jrod and Dwight up front.
(03-01-2019, 09:31 PM)Morley Wrote: Boro over 2 legs? No chance.

Don't fancy us against anyone over 2 legs. We look laboured all over the park. Very worrying.
(03-01-2019, 09:38 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 09:31 PM)Morley Wrote: Boro over 2 legs? No chance.

Don't fancy us against anyone over 2 legs. We look laboured all over the park. Very worrying.

Don't fancy us against Ipswich playing like that
Are you seriously happy with recent performances

the only thing i can think of is you are either a dingle or seal fan, or dont gor to any of the games and watch the team actually playing!!
(03-01-2019, 09:42 PM)TheLiquidator Wrote: Are you seriously happy with recent performances

the only thing i can think of is you are either a dingle or seal fan, or dont gor to any of the games and watch the team actually playing!!

Huh?
The problem isn’t what he’s not learning so much as what he’s choosing to ignore.

There is progress given the state of the side he inherited, but (using recent examples) for every Stoke or Villa result there are poor performances afterwards that follow. During which the same mistakes are made at one end, and the same lack of penetration due to the formation ensues at the other. But what’s most annoying is that he can obviously see this, but game by game chooses to do nothing about it.

That interview he gave recently where he stated that we have a philosophy and an approach, and that we wouldn’t compromise upon that kind of said it all. It also proves that he can see what is happening. I think there is an arrogance there that he’s going to have to change in what is and always has been a results industry.

Last night’s midfield was doomed from the off and the upfront trio were again totally isolated. There certainly was no learning from what occurred against Blades.

BD is a new manager and most of us would have accepted the play-offs at the start of the season. But as Clem says elsewhere, failure to achieve that isn’t acceptable, and we haven’t made them yet. BD can only trade upon being a novice - and also a club legend - for so long. It was a mess what he inherited, but there was a lot of quality within that. Nonetheless I think most fans (and perhaps even the board) will accept and forgive honest mistakes. But not repeated ones. That’s what he has to learn fastest.