Fuel Price Watch
(03-10-2022, 01:49 PM)hudds Wrote: We are in a war.  Last war, petrol (main private vehicle fuel) was rationed.  This is in effect economic rationing.  Wean off it.

I've heard via a client (oil terminal) that the sanctions against Russian oil are biting already, not waiting to wean off by 2023. Nobody is touching Russian oil on the ARA spot. 

Off grid kero (heating fuel) is unobtainable.  (The UK old refineries are "long" on petrol, "short" on heavy oil).  I've heard in the few refineries we have that kero streams are being blended into gasoil to extend gas oil (diesel) supplies. 

If you are off grid, eke out what you've got.  I had our tank filled up just before all this blew up so will be OK as we enter warmer weather unless it gets nicked, which is a big problem now.

Who are we at war with? When did we declare?
Petrol £1.49 at J9 Morrison's.
(03-10-2022, 04:03 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Texaco Westcross Smethwick  diesel 199.9
Profiteering wankers

That is seriously taking the piss. Anyone who pays that needs certifying  Big Grin
(03-10-2022, 01:49 PM)hudds Wrote: We are in a war.  Last war, petrol (main private vehicle fuel) was rationed.  This is in effect economic rationing.  Wean off it.

I've heard via a client (oil terminal) that the sanctions against Russian oil are biting already, not waiting to wean off by 2023. Nobody is touching Russian oil on the ARA spot. 

Off grid kero (heating fuel) is unobtainable.  (The UK old refineries are "long" on petrol, "short" on heavy oil).  I've heard in the few refineries we have that kero streams are being blended into gasoil to extend gas oil (diesel) supplies. 

If you are off grid, eke out what you've got.  I had our tank filled up just before all this blew up so will be OK as we enter warmer weather unless it gets nicked, which is a big problem now.

I had a delivery at 59p per litre just a couple of weeks ago. Today Boilerjuice are quoting £1.39. I think I'll pitch a tent down by the oil tank and guard it all night.
(03-10-2022, 07:54 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: Petrol £1.49 at J9 Morrison's.

I paid £1.58 for diesel in Leeds today.

I do a fair bit of travelling for work and used to make a pretty penny on 45p a mile when averaging 60+mpg to Exeter, Kent etc. 

Making fuck all now
Paid 147.7 at Castle Brom Morrisons on Monday, thankfully filled the tank, £58 for a flipping Fiesta is crazy times (and i had about 50 miles worth already in), have seen it over 160 around here at places like BP though.

Need them football club owners to pull their fingers out and pump more out, they could do it easily I reckon, but why would they're friends with Putin?
(03-10-2022, 06:21 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Who are we at war with? When did we declare?
Has Russia declared war on Ukraine?

Russia has carried out attacks on UK integrity via cyber means and destabilization/interference via social media co-ordination (let's see the unredacted Russia Report) as well as carrying out assassinations on our territory and collateral harm to UK subjects which is all (to invert Clausewitz on policy) war by other means.