Ian Pearce
The Athletic saying that Pearce is being promoted to Head Of Football Operations on a temporary basis, but it could be permanent. Gourlay  saying we have to improve scouting, especially abroad
What does Ian Pearce actually do?
We've reached out to the dingles to see if they can fire up their camper van and loan it to us on a temp to perm
(03-08-2022, 09:27 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: What does Ian Pearce actually do?

Must admit I thought this was about tat Journo that loads always quote about transfers... I've no idea who he is or what he does, seems he's now Head of Football Operations though, which sounds like what Gourlay should have been doing? Why so many layers?!
(03-08-2022, 09:32 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 09:27 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: What does Ian Pearce actually do?

Must admit I thought this was about tat Journo that loads always quote about transfers... I've no idea who he is or what he does, seems he's now Head of Football Operations though, which sounds like what Gourlay should have been doing? Why so many layers?!

You can't expect a man as important as Ron to fly to Moldova on a scouting trip by Easyjet ffs!
(03-08-2022, 09:34 AM)Brentbaggie Wrote:

You can't expect a man as important as Ron to fly to Moldova on a scouting trip by Easyjet ffs!

Don't we send them there in a battered old Cortina still? Sheesh it's not just the players who've gone soft! Big Grin

He is/was our head of recruitment, but most of our recruitment since he's been in that role has been driven by Moore, Slav and Ismael from what I know. Hence me wanting to know what he actually does.

Gourley is taking up the Mark Jenkins role, keeping himself at arms length from the football side of things. That's fine by me, when he got involved in the footballing decisions at Reading things went tits up for them.
Didn't Betamax Boy leave us only last week?

Not much seeing some of the shite we have  Big Grin
Wasn't he off to Bristol City as DoF ?
Let him go, who has he actually recruited for us ?