Worst 11 of the century
I thought James Chester was actually decent. Especially considering he was out of position.

It's a strange thread/question, but surely there has to be a caveat of players needing to play a minimum of 20 games? As shit as some of the dross mentioned are/were, it seems harsh to judge them after only a handful of appearances.
Clarnet v2.0
You also need to make a distinction between those who were just poor footballers (McDonald, Udeze), those who were good once but well past it when they joined us (Lugano, Ivanovic) and those who were just outright bad signings (Anelka).
Remember that Czech who Robson signed, Jan Kozak.
He was awful.
(02-27-2022, 09:13 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 08:46 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Pele played his part under Mowbray and Popov had a good run before he went all spitty.

Fulop

Mears
Ali Gabr
Lugano

Blanco
Reach
Krychowiak
El Ghanassy

Hugill
Lambert
Anelka

Not far off but Luke Moore has to be the first name on the teamsheet. Bit harsh on Mears too. We’ve definitely had worse

Did he ever find his skills? Big Grin
Morten Skoubu. 2 games on loan and he looked fucking dreadful.
How come Victor Anichebe has not got a mention?
(02-28-2022, 12:26 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote: How come Victor Anichebe has not got a mention?

He occasionally looked good.
Can Luke Moore play left back (and every other position please?)?
(02-28-2022, 12:27 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 12:26 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote: How come Victor Anichebe has not got a mention?

We could put him Joelinton style into central midfield… i once had a terrible nightmare Pulis played him there…
(02-28-2022, 01:33 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 12:27 PM)Duffers Wrote:

We could put him Joelinton style into central midfield… i once had a terrible nightmare Pulis played him there…

When fit he was a genuine handful and could bully defenders like no one else. Always felt though that as soon as we coaxed a few good performances out of him he’d break a toenail and be out for 8 months.