14th
HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:Regardless of the feeling on Bruce, his approach, the advantages (if any) he will bring; you have to ask how once again the situation has been allowed to develop whereby we’re calling on him in the first place.

I said the same last year over BFS. It was equivalent of calling on a relief manager to turnaround a once decent pub that’s gone to shit. None of these people seem to have any accountability, yet can walk away with a huge pocket of cash each time win or lose. It’s the same for everyone else of course, but we’re definitely missing something that we once had; and seemed to lose during the Pulis era.

These are my thoughts too. I still believe BFS could have done a job here but he knew the kitty was low and the situation unfavourable. Whoever came in was going to have to work with what we have (minus the best player in the league) and a collection of freebies and loans. Plus we had  the lingering "losing" mentality earned over the last season and a half.  The manager then chosen by the club just wasn't the right fit (for more than one reason).
So now we are in a situation where the club almost certainly won't be in a position dire enough to appoint anything other than the experienced manager we have seen fail so many times previously, that does not play youth and will rarely excite the fanbase. My gut feeling is that Bruce should steady the ship but I'm not convinced he will be anything like the catalyst required to spark the club out of it's torpor.
Listen next season we are more than likely going to be in the Championship and we have season tickets to sell.This season alone because of poor form and then Sky changing games so there has been hardly any Saturday matches will have led to many not renewing there season tickets.Also add to this the uninspiring appointment of Bruce then come the end of the season it’s imperative to have a total reset.Unfortunately we have Ron Gourlay at the helm so I guess we will just proceed on to the next disastrous decision.
(02-27-2022, 10:31 AM)Huggybear Wrote: Listen next season we are more than likely going to be in the Championship and we have season tickets to sell.This season alone because of poor form and then Sky changing games so there has been hardly any Saturday matches will have led to many not renewing there season tickets.Also add to this the uninspiring appointment of Bruce then come the end of the season it’s imperative to have a total reset.Unfortunately we have Ron Gourlay at the helm so I guess we will just proceed on to the next disastrous decision.
Thats the exact reason this will be my and my grandson and son in law last season as season ticket holders ,to many midweek games have to be missed so makes a season ticket pointless and expensive.
(02-26-2022, 06:30 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: So that's only 12 clubs that have better squads than us then!     Rolleyes

I know this was said in jest, but, in truth, those 12 probably have better midfields and at least one forward who can shoot on target.
The god awful lack of creativity in midfield is what's killing us. Bruce has to take a leap of faith and freshen it up with TGH, although he made it clear this week that he sees him as a defender ffs, or Castro. They may not be the finished article but the overpaid old heads in there now have failed too many times.
(02-27-2022, 10:31 AM)Huggybear Wrote: Listen next season we are more than likely going to be in the Championship and we have season tickets to sell.This season alone because of poor form and then Sky changing games so there has been hardly any Saturday matches will have led to many not renewing there season tickets.Also add to this the uninspiring appointment of Bruce then come the end of the season it’s imperative to have a total reset.Unfortunately we have Ron Gourlay at the helm so I guess we will just proceed on to the next disastrous decision.

Don’t think Sky will be changing too many of our fixtures next season unless they are against the relegated teams/ next season’s media favourite, down side of that will be the loss of televised revenue compared to this season which will be quite substantial relative to this season ( up to £100k per match I believe), add that to the lower season ticket sales and even less £ for the so called rebuild, what a prospect to look forward to.
(02-27-2022, 04:35 PM)Seat109 Wrote:

Don’t think Sky will be changing too many of our fixtures next season unless they are against the relegated teams/ next season’s media favourite, down side of that will be the loss of televised revenue compared to this season which will be quite substantial relative to this season ( up to £100k per match I believe), add that to the lower season ticket sales and even less £ for the so called rebuild, what a prospect to look forward to.
We will still be among the favourites for promotion, especially if Bruce stays, although I fully expect him to walk, therefore plenty of airtime.
It takes a few years for Sky to realise a "big" club is actually shite.
(02-27-2022, 05:16 PM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(02-27-2022, 04:35 PM)Seat109 Wrote:

We will still be among the favourites for promotion, especially if Bruce stays, although I fully expect him to walk, therefore plenty of airtime.
It takes a few years for Sky to realise a "big" club is actually shite.

Correct