FAQ Orf Vinyl Biffs
I’ve had a basic turntable/amp/speakers setup in my living room for years now. Bought all the component parts second hand around 2014-ish (the turntable and amp are especially ancient, proper 90’s throwbacks) and the whole thing cost me under a hundred quid to put together. Sadly it’s now starting to come apart, the turntable packed up at the weekend and I fear the speakers are on their last legs too.

Given the recent surge in vinyl it’s not even that cheap to source second hand items anymore and I’m thinking it might be time to just buy a whole new system (I’m not convinced the amp could take newer equipment). Anyone got any advice or recommendations, not looking to spend more than a couple of hundred quid all in ideally.

Cheers
You pay for what you get, if you're going new and want an easy purchase go to richer sounds and give them your requirements and budget you'll come out with something decent
In the form of his life.
(02-25-2022, 11:10 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: You pay for what you get, if you're going new and want an easy purchase go to richer sounds and give them your requirements and budget you'll come out with something decent

There’s one five minutes walk from here on the other side of London Bridge, was thinking of popping over after work.
If you're kit is half decent, maybe just look to upgrade your player? My amp and floorstanders are from 1985 ish and wipe the floor with a lot of new stuff.
In the form of his life.
I'd agree with Midgetit, a lot of old amps are as good if not better than new ones, especially for vinyl imo
Richer sounds give great customer service. Really rate them and they'll point you right.
(02-25-2022, 10:52 AM)Duffers Wrote: I’ve had a basic turntable/amp/speakers setup in my living room for years now. Bought all the component parts second hand around 2014-ish (the turntable and amp are especially ancient, proper 90’s throwbacks) and the whole thing cost me under a hundred quid to put together. Sadly it’s now starting to come apart, the turntable packed up at the weekend and I fear the speakers are on their last legs too.

Given the recent surge in vinyl it’s not even that cheap to source second hand items anymore and I’m thinking it might be time to just buy a whole new system (I’m not convinced the amp could take newer equipment). Anyone got any advice or recommendations, not looking to spend more than a couple of hundred quid all in ideally.

Cheers

I use these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvswW6M7bMo
(02-25-2022, 11:26 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Richer sounds give great customer service. Really rate them and they'll point you right.

Think they do price matching too, sometimes against online sellers as well... So if they recommend something and you find it cheaper they may match it... Certainly do that with TVs.
Cheers all, will wander over to RS after work.
Bought quite a few things from RS.

Yamaha, Marantz, Sony stuff, etc.

The one in Brum closed down unfortunately.