Tony Mowbray
(04-16-2022, 09:45 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 09:26 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 09:21 AM)Dumbo Wrote: The messiah?

For what he achieved when he was with us previously, then yes.

Erm, he had the biggest budget in the league the season we went up and apart from Stoke the division was very weak. The season before with arguably again the best or second best resources we failed to gain promotion. He has since then got relegated from the Prem, walked away to Celtic where he came second in a two horse race and now bobbles around in the Championship. His managerial career is worse than Pulis, Bruce and Allardyce. Megson is the only manager who performed miracles and can be described as a footballing messiah.

Bang on, RDM's team won more games, scored more goals, conceded less goals and gained a lot more points but that team is barely mentioned yet Mowbray is lauded by some because we won the title due to the league that season being as poor as this season.
(04-16-2022, 04:15 PM)mickeypearce Wrote:

Erm, he had the biggest budget in the league the season we went up and apart from Stoke the division was very weak. The season before with arguably again the best or second best resources we failed to gain promotion. He has since then got relegated from the Prem, walked away to Celtic where he came second in a two horse race and now bobbles around in the Championship. His managerial career is worse than Pulis, Bruce and Allardyce. Megson is the only manager who performed miracles and can be described as a footballing messiah.

Bang on, RDM's team won more games, scored more goals, conceded less goals and gained a lot more points but that team is barely mentioned yet Mowbray is lauded by some because we won the title due to the league that season being as poor as this season.

Totally agree. I got nothing against Mowbray, good bloke, good to watch that season, but the points total to win the league that season was crazy low. RDM way better.
(04-16-2022, 04:40 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Totally agree. I got nothing against Mowbray, good bloke, good to watch that season, but the points total to win the league that season was crazy low. RDM way better.

Until he stopped giving a fuck.
(04-16-2022, 05:07 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 04:40 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 09:26 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote: For what he achieved when he was with us previously, then yes.

Until he stopped giving a fuck.

Yes agreed. Way better in the promotion season I should have said.
“What do you want me to think?  I don’t feel I’m being disloyal here by saying anything other than it looks like I’m leaving”

“There’s no contract discussions. I’m out of contract very, very soon”

Blackburn Rovers manager Tony Mowbray
(04-28-2022, 04:29 PM)Dumbo Wrote: “What do you want me to think?  I don’t feel I’m being disloyal here by saying anything other than it looks like I’m leaving”

“There’s no contract discussions. I’m out of contract very, very soon”

Blackburn Rovers manager Tony Mowbray

As willing as i am to give Bruce a chance, if Mogga wants back....
“Come and get me Ron!”
In the form of his life.
If TM came back and got this lot playing he wouldn't be here very long anyway ,as it would be seen as a remarkable achievement. Let's just except this lot are shite and the best thing for everyone is that we break up this squad bit by but and start again .Bruce is in the position to start this process so should be given the green light to go ahead .

We know you dislike Mowbray Derek, but this is one-sided. 
He inherited Barny’s overpaid drinking buddies who gave zero fucks and were heavily out of shape. Yes we had quality on paper but that side for the most part didn’t want to be here. Saying he failed by not getting a side promoted under those circumstances is incredibly one sided. He inherited a much worse position than Bruce, and whilst he had the January window, he hauled the side back into the promotion mix.

The following season the wage bill was dramatically reduced, and we made a large profit. Yes he had a healthy budget but it was through selling the best players we had and then rebuilding an overpaid, ageing squad into arguably the most exciting to watch we’ve had in a long time.

I’m not sure the talk of him “reinventing himself” is quite right, both his Boro and Blackburn sides have been plagued with inconsistency, conceded soft goals and had problems closing out games. For all the progress he’s made with the latter too, they’ve spent a fair bit of money and when you compare the job he’s done to the likes of Robins, Jones and Corbaran he’s not in the same bracket IMO.

A nice bloke, he’d probably give us some entertaining football again, and if the choice was him or Bruce I’d take Tony all day long, but I think there’s better out there.
Dereks dislike of Mowbray is like Huggybears and Bruce, it's fucking weird.