How are you coping with Albion being useless?
Difficult one this. One the one hand I'm coping by going to Boro tomorrow; on the other my patience is now tissue-thin. Were it not for HWB Jnr (at Uni in Newcastle, so we are meeting halfway) I wouldn't be going under any circumstances, though this is one of the easier games to get to for me.

This is our 10th away game of the season and tbh we feel like the 2 blokes on the bench in Waiting for Godot-waiting for the fucking goal that never arrives.

Next season is another matter-I've always put my money into the club unconditionally in the form of ST purchase no matter how many games I can get to, but I'm beginning to feel like a prize mug.

Pretty sure I'm not the only one.
(02-21-2022, 11:21 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Bob Fossil Wrote:I'm with Derek in terms of football in general, don't like it, don't watch it.

Albion though is my passion, it's in my blood. I can pretend I don't care but I'd be lying my arse off.
I watch every game live, either at the ground or on stream and every goal conceded is like an almighty volley in the nads and every defeat makes me want to cry a little bit, or scream, a lot! The one thing I manage better now is the coping afterwards, I don't let it interfere with other aspects of my life anymore, I can switch off, to a point. Having an after match rant on a forum or two, certainly helps with that.
I'll still be tuning in on Tuesday, full of hope, that this is the turning point.
It's been like this for 43 years and it's not going to change now, nor do I want it to. Some people go through life without ever experiencing the rollercoaster of emotions that being a football fan brings. I've gone through missing out on the title in 78/79, beating Valencia, et al, in Europe, relegation at Bristol Rovers, Port Vale at Wembley, Play off defeats, The Great Escape, even a few cup semi-finals. Add in the numerous promotions, most notably THAT one with the Wolves and it's been a hell of a ride.

You have to have the downs to fully appreciate the ups.
Yes we're on a downer right now, but it won't last forever so I'll huff and puff and fuck and blind and get through it, until the good times roll round again.
Players, managers, owners all come and go but it doesn't matter because it's never truly their club anyway, it's ours and always will be.

Loving this post.
Having experienced almost every different type of family traumas and heartbreaks over the years, going to the Albion offers much relief. It is a family thing, something to share with mates, something to talk endless inconsequential bollix about, and something that ultimately takes your mind off the really bad stuff. It's great when we win, I'm gutted when we lose, but when it comes down to it, it doesn't really matter and that is why it is so important to me.

Yes, this is really getting to the crux of supporting a normal club- one that's not being bankrolled. Proper highs and lows.

This is unexpectedly bad though- never thought we'd find ourselves in a run like this, but all it'll take is a change of fortune and hope comes back. It's grim at the moment, but there is enough hope that we can get back on the right path and right now I'd rather than old hand in charge.

I shall probably half watch tomorrow but really am expecting another defeat.
I'm pretty much in the 'fucking hell, again!!' stage of it all and then manage to switch off and get on with it. I get pissed off for people like my lad (he's old enough and ok about it) and my nephew - he's 15 and at that age where it really matters and you can see him getting stick off his Villa mates about it (in fairness he's dished it out enough over the past few years).

We really have fucked this up royally somehow but there has been a level of conning ourselves. I remember when Bartley 1st appeared there was a feeling of 'he's ok but as a back up' and know he's being touted as a captain from some. Reach is another one that appeared in a blaze of youtube highlights and as soon as he came on I was completely underwhelmed, likewise Molumby. It is one thing bringing in players that can improve, but they need players around them that are decent enough to allow them to improve whilst they make mistakes - basic football knowledge that seems to have bypassed our owners, decision makers and purse string holders.
Still watching when we are on the TV (its like a car crash you know its not gonna end well but you can't help but watch). Found myself going far less with the commute from Sheffield.

I've even decided against Hull away to go to Stoke vs Blackpool instead for nephew's birthday!
(02-21-2022, 02:56 PM)BaggieTom89 Wrote: Still watching when we are on the TV (its like a car crash you know its not gonna end well but you can't help but watch). Found myself going far less with the commute from Sheffield.

I've even decided against Hull away to go to Stoke vs Blackpool instead for nephew's birthday!

Sorry but this is so wrong. Once a baggie always a baggie, so so wrong.
(02-21-2022, 03:07 PM)wba13 Wrote: Sorry but this is so wrong. Once a baggie always a baggie, so so wrong.

Yes through thick, thin and thinner ... always a baggie
(02-21-2022, 03:07 PM)wba13 Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 02:56 PM)BaggieTom89 Wrote: Still watching when we are on the TV (its like a car crash you know its not gonna end well but you can't help but watch). Found myself going far less with the commute from Sheffield.

Sorry but this is so wrong. Once a baggie always a baggie, so so wrong.

Haha I won't be changing allegiances don't worry but I can't justify going to another away day that will end in disappointment over celebrating a birthday and seeing a kid enjoy going to a game.
But Stoke for f**ks sake, kiddi or Stour or even walsall but Stoke.
Also never ever on a day/night we’re playing.
(02-21-2022, 03:48 PM)wba13 Wrote: But Stoke for f**ks sake, kiddi or Stour or even walsall  but Stoke.
Also never ever on a day/night we’re playing.

Haha sadly that's where my other half's family are based. I've generally had the bragging rights over the last 10 or so years so can't complain.