The Curling
(02-19-2022, 12:51 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 12:00 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: So if you win the end, you concede the hammer?

Yes that's correct.

If an end is "blanked" (no stones remain in the house when the end finishes), whoever had the hammer retains it for the next end. Sometimes the team with the hammer will deliberately blank the end rather than score 1, because scoring 1 is regarded as sub-par.

cheers - I hadn't picked up on that rule.
WorcsWBA Wrote:
chasetownbaggie Wrote:So if you win the end, you concede the hammer?

Yes that's correct.

If an end is "blanked" (no stones remain in the house when the end finishes), whoever had the hammer retains it for the next end. Sometimes the team with the hammer will deliberately blank the end rather than score 1, because scoring 1 is regarded as sub-par.
Bloody Hell. It's more complicated than rugby.
Gold.
I see the interest level curiously waned here after the men's final, but the women have put in a magnificent performance today to win Great Britain's only gold medal of the Games, so many congratulations to them and particularly to Eve Muirhead who was at her 4th Olympics and has experienced so many ups and downs over the years.

It looked so far away when they were 4-0 down in the semi-final after the first end, but it was a brilliant comeback in that game and a masterful display tonight.
(02-20-2022, 09:58 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote: I see the interest level curiously waned here after the men's final, but the women have put in a magnificent performance today to win Great Britain's only gold medal of the Games, so many congratulations to them and particularly to Eve Muirhead who was at her 4th Olympics and has experienced so many ups and downs over the years.

It looked so far away when they were 4-0 down in the semi-final after the first end, but it was a brilliant comeback in that game and a masterful display tonight.

I don't think that the timing of the women's final helped.

So I don't think that Curious Wayne is a reality.
Not watched it as much this time as the last Winter Olympics. Watching the highlights now on BBC2. See the tidy Eve Muirhesd still plays for us.
Some sporting cheer, at last! Well played the ladies.