Let’s call a truce and give a chance to Bruce
The last couple of months have been woeful. I’m less than enamoured with Steve Bruce, especially as I had to move table st the Boot in Lapworth several years ago to accommodate him and his party. 

However, he’s pragmatic and his style might be a good half way house to the attritional rubbish we’ve seen. 

Also he will soon suss out the rotten apples. He’s no one’s fool. 

I guess he still has his place in Lapworth and will be comfortable in the region quickly. 

Welcome Brucey.
Never liked Bruce but after the mess of Val in the past three months I’m more than willing to back him.
Underrated manager. Did well at Villa and Toon despite what the two sets of deluded fan bases think. Has previous in taking clubs up from this league with Blues and Hull. Football may not be the prettiest but it’s certainly not Valball.

Other than Mowbray and Slav, this was the next best option for me.
No compo and in that sense the obvious choice.
(02-02-2022, 04:30 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: The last couple of months have been woeful. I’m less than enamoured with Steve Bruce, especially as I had to move table st the Boot in Lapworth several years ago to accommodate him and his party. 

However, he’s pragmatic and his style might be a good half way house to the attritional rubbish we’ve seen. 

Also he will soon suss out the rotten apples. He’s no one’s fool. 

I guess he still has his place in Lapworth and will be comfortable in the region quickly. 

Welcome Brucey.

You must have been drinking early to have been in there before him Big Grin
If it’s Bruce I have no problem with it.
He's been through a lot personally the last 12-18 months hasn't he? Coming back off a deserved break with a point to prove after being treated like shit by Villa and Newcastle supporters (although Barnsley fans will be saying the same about us). It could be plenty worse and certainly a better option than Bilic.
Spandaubaggie Wrote:The last couple of months have been woeful. I’m less than enamoured with Steve Bruce, especially as I had to move table st the Boot in Lapworth several years ago to accommodate him and his huge kebab and chips.

Welcome Brucey.
edited.
(02-02-2022, 04:46 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: He's  been through a lot personally the last 12-18 months hasn't he? Coming back off a deserved break with a point to prove after being treated like shit by Villa and Newcastle supporters (although Barnsley fans will be saying the same about us). It could be plenty worse and certainly a better option than Bilic.

I've no problems at all with him being appointed ,to be honest there are far worse out there. Like someone previously said he aint no fool and will soon spot  the bad apples and trouble makers .
Got no problem with cabbage yed. Welcome Steve we ll get behind ya!!