The unofficial bye bye Ishmael thread - how will he be remembered
I think he'll mainly be remembered for his stubborn refusal to try anything different. I really took to the guy but he was simply indefensible. In my opinion the football was nowhere near as bad as made out, we were rarely threatened and spent most games camped in the opponents half. Apart from his intransigence, the 4 year deal and the knowledge we had given Wilder the job became the bitterest pills to swallow and when the team downed tools the end was inevitable.
In my memory he doesn't even scratch the surface of the Worst ever Managers Silver Shield.  Saunders, Little, Gould and Pardew have made that their own. Of those disasters, Saunders left us Goodman and Gould, Bob Taylor. Let's hope Dike becomes our new talisman.
Good post TJ. Sheer inflexibility in the face of dire returns 

Trouble is that he was doing even worse than Little in the Champo. Little had Fugg all resource. Val had a top 4 squad (at least)
(02-02-2022, 05:31 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: Good post TJ. Sheer inflexibility in the face of dire returns 

Trouble is that he was doing even worse than Little in the Champo. Little had Fugg all resource. Val had a top 4 squad (at least)

Top 4 of what division?