The unofficial bye bye Ishmael thread - how will he be remembered
(02-02-2022, 02:36 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
"
" Pulis with towels"  Adrian Durham.

Utter nonsense, but then it is Durham so it comes with the territory.
Hopefully as the one who brought the immensely successful Daryl Dike to our club.

For now I'll remember him as someone who started off well, was prematurely unfairly criticised but then as soon as things started going downhill he couldn't turn it around.

Much like Darren Moore he didn't deserve the vitriol he was getting.

Despite this obviously it was the right decision to go
Superb against Sheffield United. Great last minute winner for my kids' first ever away game at Peterborough.

That aside, some of the most turgid agricultural unambitious square peg shite I've seen since Brian Little.
He was unlucky to come into the club when the satisfaction level of the fan base was/is at an all time low. The hangover from the chaotic years of Pulis/Pardew/Big Dave/Bilic/Sam won't be blown away for years, if ever.

If he'd kept winning with his 100mph schoolboy football, or if he'd shown any sign of searching for fixes when it didn't work, then fans would have been happier. Once it becomes obvious that things aren't happy behind the scenes, it's very hard to get back on track. I wish him luck, although he needs to be more flexible. Maybe he'll learn that.
On the face of it seemed a good appointment. I agreed with a lot of his principles on how to play the game and he got off to a great start.

Let's face it, we've seen it in previous seasons when things start going against this team it's very tough to turn it around. Val repeatedly shot himself in the foot by proving the famous Einstein quote to be true. Maybe we do have delusions of grandeur, but even so as we're plummeting towards our worst finish in a generation you cannot expect eyebrows not to be raised.

He got the team fit, he got us organised, he identified and voiced his concerns around our transfer activity and hopefully has brought a really good young striker to the club. He's left enough for whoever comes in to build on.

He'll head back to Germany to spend some well earned time with his family, I hope he keeps of Twitter for a bit as our dickheads will be out in force.
As a promising appointment that turned to shit quicker than a dodgy fish curry.

All the best Val. Hope it works out somewhere else.
The last manager to bring so much vitriol for his playing style was probably Bobby Gould? He left us a certain Bob Taylor. Let's hope Val will be remembered fondly for bringing Dike to the club. We haven't had a CF to get behind for quite some time.
The fact that even his protege Mowatt has gone backwards under him says a lot
Put your pitchforks and flaming torches down and show a bit of class FFS.
Seemed like a nice bloke away from the dug out, but pretty much useless in it.