9th placed Luton...
(02-02-2022, 08:33 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote: The name 'Joe Allen' would get into most Championship sides. I doubt the player 'Joe Allen' would improve any of them. He's busy, but little else. Can't pass, has no strength on the ball, no positional discipline, and rarely gets into the goalscoring positions that used to give his inclusion in the team a degree of credibility.

Going back to Nathan Jones, most managers are somewhere inbetween dogshit and genius. Rarely do you find one that veers so ably between the two. I think we were just too big a mess for a relatively inexperienced manager, but what he's done with Luton over his two terms there is pretty amazing by anyone's standards.

You could probably replace Joe Allen with Jake Livermore and Nathan Jones with Valerian Ismael and that post could quite easily be about us.
(02-02-2022, 08:33 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 11:16 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 11:00 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 10:18 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 10:05 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Just off to get a pen to add yet another team with a better squad than ours to the list!

No no, Luton don't, however they are above Stoke and Sheff Utd, both of which do. Add them to the list

They don’t, we are just badly managed

Stoke have the likes of Joe Allen and Sam Clucas as back up midfielders when undoubtedly they'd be straight into our first team and Andy Carroll wouldn't even get on their bench. Who are our 4th and 5th choice central midfielders? Adam Reach and baggie bird?

They're also below us.

The name 'Joe Allen' would get into most Championship sides. I doubt the player 'Joe Allen' would improve any of them. He's busy, but little else. Can't pass, has no strength on the ball, no positional discipline, and rarely gets into the goalscoring positions that used to give his inclusion in the team a degree of credibility.

Going back to Nathan Jones, most managers are somewhere inbetween dogshit and genius. Rarely do you find one that veers so ably between the two. I think we were just too big a mess for a relatively inexperienced manager, but what he's done with Luton over his two terms there is pretty amazing by anyone's standards.
Might be worth a couple of quid on Barnsley next season then when Val turns up for his second stint.
(02-02-2022, 08:17 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 12:36 AM)Cuzer Wrote: They’ve since signed Josh Magna, have a real prospect in Wright Phillips and have a bench stronger than some of our eleven

We are about where we should be in this piss poor division

Cuzer

Are they going to pair him with Darren Carter?

Brilliant Big Grin