Snodgrass gone
Zero contribution. Good riddance.
Never going to play for us again but typical Albion timing for something like this to happen .As someone else said 2 in 2out so helps balance the books .
(01-31-2022, 11:17 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:14 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Snodders has always been a good solid pro.

He's spent most of the time injured, so "solid" is probably the wrong word to use!

He's about as solid as a fucking Weetabix.    Rolleyes
He was a reverse spacegoat on here, which I never understood as he never really did much for us, a few brief sparks here and there was all.

Sounds like Six is getting the anti-six brigade got rid of, which suggests he aint going anywhere.
(02-01-2022, 02:11 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:10 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:06 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Doesn’t bode well for the hope of Val leaving.

Why? Snodgrass has provided us with next to nothing (even on the rare occasions when he was fit) regardless of who the manager was, so we were just wasting money keeping him on the books.

Massive love in on Facebook - one wag said "thanks for the everything" .  £250k an appearance, any assists/goals?  The general consensus was that he's the chosen one.  lol

Of course there is. He’s gone while Val is still here.

People were giving Hugill abuse, telling him to duck off back to Norwich and then he scored for Cardiff and it’s like “see!! It was Val”

The hard of thinking eh
"The club thanks Robert for his efforts and wishes him well in his future career."
#wba

I wonder if anyone will start a thread complaining about the O/S posting this message.     Rolleyes
People on here always try to make it about the players. Hugill was useless, he was the problem. Dike's goals will get us promoted. Snodgrass is the troublemaker. Although Johnstone has got off relatively lightly for his behaviour last Wednesday which possibly de-railed our whole season.

But it's rarely about individuals, they need to be special talents to change things on their own. It's about coaching philosophy and club culture. We're stuck with a one-trick pony of a coach whose ideas aren't working out and a bunch of tired old pros who can't bring any inspiration to the club or the play. I expected Mowatt and Clarke to be positive influences on the others, but they've just been dragged into the same culture of stumbling mediocrity. No-one stands out, be it by example on the pitch or behind the scenes.

If Snods isn't going to play, it's good to get his wages off the balance sheet. I'm sorry to see a good footballer leave all the same. It won't change a thing while we have Ismael and the rest of the players.
I'm in the chuffed to fuck camp.
(02-01-2022, 09:01 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: People on here always try to make it about the players. Hugill was useless, he was the problem. Dike's goals will get us promoted. Snodgrass is the troublemaker. Although Johnstone has got off relatively lightly for his behaviour last Wednesday which possibly de-railed our whole season.

But it's rarely about individuals, they need to be special talents to change things on their own. It's about coaching philosophy and club culture. We're stuck with a one-trick pony of a coach whose ideas aren't working out and a bunch of tired old pros who can't bring any inspiration to the club or the play. I expected Mowatt and Clarke to be positive influences on the others, but they've just been dragged into the same culture of stumbling mediocrity. No-one stands out, be it by example on the pitch or behind the scenes.

If Snods isn't going to play, it's good to get his wages off the balance sheet. I'm sorry to see a good footballer leave all the same. It won't change a thing while we have Ismael and the rest of the players.

Have we got his wages off the balance sheet? We might have paid his contract up in full and in his position that is what I would have asked the club to do
I get the point that he hasn't played so we shouldn't miss him much, but if the manager is leaving the new guy might have found a use for him. At least he can offer something slightly different to the others we have. No doubt we will have had to pay a lump sum to get rid of him and considering we haven't signed anyone to replace him all it's achieved is us needing a midfielder even more so than we did originally. Has it been confirmed if he's actually injured or not? If he can't play surely he wouldn't even consider mutually agreeing to leave