Unpopular opinion 2
We look a better team without Gayle.
Well.

Yesterday's match points to that, but it has certainly not always been the case.

Horses for courses...
Might help if we actually played Gayle in his correct position rather than stuck out on the left wing trying to put crosses in ffs.
(02-24-2019, 10:20 AM)BombersFlask Wrote: Might help if we actually played Gayle in his correct position rather than stuck out on the left wing trying to put crosses in ffs.

This - He's a goal scorer, not someone who should be tracking back to our own penalty area. He needs to be in and around the penalty spot, being a fox in a box.
Before coming to any conclusion on this, might be nice to see him in a front 3 with Phillips and HRK.
He aint going to score many goals hugging the fuggin touchline also he and Barnes seemed to have a telepathic link when they played we've lost that.
Scored more goals per minute from w8de than central for us
No doubt with Barnes attacking prowess gone, Gayle playing wide, 10 passes to get the ball into the opponents half we are are left wondering why we are struggling. It's just our playing style / tactics which are simply WRONG - no pace, no plan B, why do we expect any different when we don't change anything? I'm not looking at the players I'm looking at DM & GJ - Lethargic players was Darren's thought yesterday? I can't see it - The Defence played OK, midfield and attack = lets check how many games Gayle - Barry - Livermore - Phillips have played this year ? Harper and JRod have played a lot, but not using substitutes correctly to give them a break is directly down to DM / GJ - Also Darren mentioned S U goalkeeper made some spectacular save ? We only had 2 shots on target ?
Had our best chance of the game and fluffed his lines.
(02-24-2019, 10:57 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: No doubt with Barnes attacking prowess gone, Gayle playing wide, 10 passes to get the ball into the opponents half we are are left wondering why we are struggling. It's just our playing style / tactics which are simply WRONG - no pace, no plan B, why do we expect any different when we don't change anything? I'm not looking at the players I'm looking at DM & GJ - Lethargic players was Darren's thought yesterday? I can't see it - The Defence played OK, midfield and attack = lets check how many games Gayle - Barry - Livermore - Phillips have played this year ? Harper and JRod have played a lot, but not using substitutes correctly to give them a break is directly down to DM / GJ - Also Darren mentioned S U goalkeeper made some spectacular save ? We only had 2 shots on target ?

Their goalkeeper made a good save from Montero late on.

(02-24-2019, 10:40 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote: He aint going to score many goals hugging the fuggin touchline also he and Barnes seemed to have a telepathic link when they played we've lost that.

Pretty much. That Gayle goal against Villa sums that up perfectly.