The Pole
Any fan who would want to see us struggle against a team can absolutely fuck off, their opinion considered irrelevant for ever more.

I didn't want Irvine here, I knew it would end I disaster, guess what, I hoped every game he'd prove ne wrong, we'd win and he would earn his right to stay longer.

I didn't like Bilic much at all, but I even posted begining if the prem season why I had hope that we'd surprise people.

Sorry I can't understand how anyone can want us to do anything but win, ever. I'd even want us to win if losing meant relegating Villa. I support West Bromwich Albion, that is the end.
(01-18-2022, 11:34 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Any fan who would want to see us struggle against a team can absolutely fuck off, their opinion considered irrelevant for ever more.

I didn't want Irvine here, I knew it would end I disaster, guess what, I hoped every game he'd prove ne wrong, we'd win and he would earn his right to stay longer.

I didn't like Bilic much at all, but I even posted begining if the prem season why I had hope that we'd surprise people.

Sorry I can't understand how anyone can want us to do anything but win, ever. I'd even want us to win if losing meant relegating Villa. I support West Bromwich Albion, that is the end.

I'm mostly with you, but on that final point...
(01-18-2022, 10:45 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Pontificator Wrote:So 67% of voters think the guy needs more time. FGS couldn't you see what was happening in early October. More time to do what - the same thing over and over and over and over.  If we draw or lose on Saturday I don't think the crowd will be happy. If we win would that be enough against the worst team in the division. I've never felt like this about any WBA manager. I imagine many fans would be content to see us struggle against Posh, maybe even lose if it hastens his demise . The guy is a bigger idiot than Pardew.

Really? Not seen Howe, Saunders, Gould or Little then?

I've only ever wanted Gould to lose a game to get him gone and I don't mind admitting that.

I don't want us to lose / struggle against Posh, but right now I'd be happier and more likely to start wanting to go again if Six was gone. He's the main reason I cannot get any enthusiasm up about going to games again.
(01-18-2022, 11:34 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Any fan who would want to see us struggle against a team can absolutely fuck off, their opinion considered irrelevant for ever more.

I'd take a 4-0 drubbing by Wolves if it meant Villa got relegated.
To be honest. If you look at how the U23s played last night, the system and the shape and the intensity you can see the absolute benefits of Vals philosophy.

On the flip side he isn’t able to play that tune with the first team. As I keep saying let’s see what happens when he has some key players fit and available, Dike and one more addition this month.

A comment he made a few weeks back resonates, something like players who have had 8-10 managers struggle to adapt to the tactics and requirements of his method - I believe in relation to Snoddy. It feels more than one player. It’s interesting how the youth like TGH, Fellowes etc in the first team, the under ages are all playing well - but not a lot of the senior pros.
(01-18-2022, 10:07 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 09:54 AM)Pontificator Wrote: So 67% of voters think the guy needs more time. FGS couldn't you see what was happening in early October. More time to do what - the same thing over and over and over and over.  If we draw or lose on Saturday I don't think the crowd will be happy. If we win would that be enough against the worst team in the division. I've never felt like this about any WBA manager. I imagine many fans would be content to see us struggle against Posh, maybe even lose if it hastens his demise . The guy is a bigger idiot than Pardew.
Hey here's the thing Pontificator. It's about opinions and guess what? Our opinions don't matter that much, as opposed to some Chinese men, and you whining about him won't make the 67 per cent change their mind.

You're also, in effect, encouraging the majority to turn on the manager and team.

Here's simple facts. It's currently the middle of January and a third of the season left and we are roughly where most fans would have expected us to be and the board too.

The rest of the stuff is subjective, and no one is blinding themselves that all is rosy, but the majority are saying back the manager, which seems the best thing to do as we've just forked out a small fortune on his number one target.

It's sunny today, get out there and breath in the fresh air and you might feel better.

NB. from the dictionary: Pontificate- Express one's opinions in a pompous and dogmatic way.

Fair play you've done what your username says.

Genuinely made me giggle that. I shall go to my seat on Saturday, get some fresh air, all be it accompanied by the whingeing, moaning, grunts of disatisfaction and exasperation. I shall support my team as I have done for 58 years, resisting the temptation to boo or hiss at any point before, during or after the game. Forgive me for expressing my feelings, in a pompous , angry, over exagerated manner on social media, I mean who would do that?
I don't think Saturday will be easy, we need an early goal to bring them out somewhat, they will match us up and sit very deep

I only hope Dike starts as I think we'll need some physicality in and around the box as we're certain to have plenty of the ball

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(01-18-2022, 11:53 AM)SophLad Wrote:

I'd take a 4-0 drubbing by Wolves if it meant Villa got relegated.

As long as Wolves were already down as well...... Big Grin
(01-18-2022, 10:06 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 10:02 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 09:54 AM)Pontificator Wrote: So 67% of voters think the guy needs more time. FGS couldn't you see what was happening in early October. More time to do what - the same thing over and over and over and over.  If we draw or lose on Saturday I don't think the crowd will be happy. If we win would that be enough against the worst team in the division. I've never felt like this about any WBA manager. I imagine many fans would be content to see us struggle against Posh, maybe even lose if it hastens his demise . The guy is a bigger idiot than Pardew.

Did we need another thread on this?

I would be interested to know if anyone will admit to wanting us to struggle against Posh, Duffers. That gives the thread a different edge.

Isn't Peterborough the Polish capital of the UK??
(01-18-2022, 12:31 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 10:06 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 10:02 AM)Duffers Wrote:

Did we need another thread on this?

I would be interested to know if anyone will admit to wanting us to struggle against Posh, Duffers. That gives the thread a different edge.

Isn't Peterborough the Polish capital of the UK??

Would explain all those long walks FF takes.