The Pole
(01-18-2022, 02:41 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 02:05 PM)Lillwall's left foot Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 01:01 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 12:57 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I would guess of that 67 percent the vast majority are close to breaking point. 

It has been far worse as you'll know with your longevity as a fan. I would say though the last 12 games, where we've really lost the plot and over that time accumulated a points total more befitting a team just outside the bottom 6, that we have had extraordinary injury/suspension issues.

Hopefully with Dike in, suspensions clearing up and O'Shea on the way back we have something to look forward to, where we kick on and at least make the play-offs in good form.

For all the complaints about style, when we're winning they'll be a different vibe about.

That's the rub, it's all about how it feels and is perceived rather than how it is. Hence some not having any more patience, some wavering and others supporting him to the hilt and wanting him to have his full time. We all perceive and feel it differently.

For me it's more negative than it has felt in probably 20 years.

Gould, Buckley, Little, Pardew yep but personally ive never known a manager make me feel as negative towards my club, and football in general, as Pullis towards the end of his time here.  

Maybe it's because his appointment blew all the good work done through the DA era out of the water.  Maybe it's because it became obvious that Roland appointed him purely to ensure his pockets got filled with gold.   Maybe it was because, despite having a decent squad, his one tactics was based around not losing rather than actually winning a game.  Maybe it's because he didn't seem to give a monkeys once we hit 40 points. Maybe it's just because I found his cap and white trainer combo satorially embarrassing.  Maybe it was all of the above! I know not everyone felt the same, and this is a personal and emotional response. But I felt he drained the very life out of the club.  

I don't feel anything like the same negativity with this manager.  Yes frustrating.  Yes results need to improve.  But there is a longer term plan and potential for it to be turned around.   It may not, but he's not TTITC and for that alone I'll give him time.

Fair points about Pulis, he largely stopped me going on his own. Trouble is, with Six I really don't feel like going to games now either. I guess the only difference was that whilst Pulis was here we were in the money and so the possible decline of the club felt further away, whereas now it feels like it could come sooner.

I've said why the Gould / Buckley / little / Saunders times didn't feel as bad to me before, and I guess it came to we were already shit, whereas now we've gone from being alright, good even to staring being shit back in the face.
This is very understated. A lot of my mates gave it neck under Pulis. I used to get free tickets for every home game and I, literally, couldn't give them away. Hardened Albion fans who I'd travelled the country with for 20 odd years just couldn't be bothered, not even for free. It's getting the same now whereby it's difficult to get motivated to go and the people I go with feel the same and a lot of them don't bother.
I've said it a million times but a massive part of being a football fan is hope and anticipation, that's why sites like this are so successful. It's not just 90 minutes, it's the build up and, at present, there is just little to get excited about. We're not scoring, we're not conceding, we're not playing exciting, get you out your seat football, and most importantly, we're not winning. It's all a bit football by numbers and it just doesn't change, it really is like groundhog day.
Win, lose or draw it's a bit Meh!
(01-18-2022, 11:53 AM)SophLad Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 11:34 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Any fan who would want to see us struggle against a team can absolutely fuck off, their opinion considered irrelevant for ever more.

I didn't want Irvine here, I knew it would end I disaster, guess what, I hoped every game he'd prove ne wrong, we'd win and he would earn his right to stay longer.

I didn't like Bilic much at all, but I even posted begining if the prem season why I had hope that we'd surprise people.

Sorry I can't understand how anyone can want us to do anything but win, ever. I'd even want us to win if losing meant relegating Villa. I support West Bromwich Albion, that is the end.

I'd take a 4-0 drubbing by Wolves if it meant Villa got relegated.

And me, of course I'd want us to win.   Big Grin
(01-18-2022, 09:54 AM)Pontificator Wrote: So 67% of voters think the guy needs more time. FGS couldn't you see what was happening in early October. More time to do what - the same thing over and over and over and over.  If we draw or lose on Saturday I don't think the crowd will be happy. If we win would that be enough against the worst team in the division. I've never felt like this about any WBA manager. I imagine many fans would be content to see us struggle against Posh, maybe even lose if it hastens his demise . The guy is a bigger idiot than Pardew.

How did you get your username  Big Grin Big Grin
(01-18-2022, 04:28 PM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 01:01 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 12:57 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I would guess of that 67 percent the vast majority are close to breaking point. 

It has been far worse as you'll know with your longevity as a fan. I would say though the last 12 games, where we've really lost the plot and over that time accumulated a points total more befitting a team just outside the bottom 6, that we have had extraordinary injury/suspension issues.

Hopefully with Dike in, suspensions clearing up and O'Shea on the way back we have something to look forward to, where we kick on and at least make the play-offs in good form.

For all the complaints about style, when we're winning they'll be a different vibe about.

That's the rub, it's all about how it feels and is perceived rather than how it is. Hence some not having any more patience, some wavering and others supporting him to the hilt and wanting him to have his full time. We all perceive and feel it differently.

Gould, Buckley, Little, Pardew yep but personally ive never known a manager make me feel as negative towards my club, and football in general, as Pullis towards the end of his time here.  

Maybe it's because his appointment blew all the good work done through the DA era out of the water.  Maybe it's because it became obvious that Roland appointed him purely to ensure his pockets got filled with gold.   Maybe it was because, despite having a decent squad, his one tactics was based around not losing rather than actually winning a game.  Maybe it's because he didn't seem to give a monkeys once we hit 40 points. Maybe it's just because I found his cap and white trainer combo satorially embarrassing.  Maybe it was all of the above! I know not everyone felt the same, and this is a personal and emotional response. But I felt he drained the very life out of the club.  

I don't feel anything like the same negativity with this manager.  Yes frustrating.  Yes results need to improve.  But there is a longer term plan and potential for it to be turned around.   It may not, but he's not TTITC and for that alone I'll give him time.

Fair points about Pulis, he largely stopped me going on his own. Trouble is, with Six I really don't feel like going to games now either. I guess the only difference was that whilst Pulis was here we were in the money and so the possible decline of the club felt further away, whereas now it feels like it could come sooner.

I've said why the Gould / Buckley / little / Saunders times didn't feel as bad to me before, and I guess it came to we were already shit, whereas now we've gone from being alright, good even to staring being shit back in the face.
This is very understated. A lot of my mates gave it neck under Pulis. I used to get free tickets for every home game and I, literally, couldn't give them away. Hardened Albion fans who I'd travelled the country with for 20 odd years just couldn't be bothered, not even for free. It's getting the same now whereby it's difficult to get motivated to go and the people I go with feel the same and a lot of them don't bother.
I've said it a million times but a massive part of being a football fan is hope and anticipation, that's why sites like this are so successful. It's not just 90 minutes, it's the build up and, at present, there is just little to get excited about. We're not scoring, we're not conceding, we're not playing exciting, get you out your seat football, and most importantly, we're not winning. It's all a bit football by numbers and it just doesn't change, it really is like groundhog day.

Not forgetting he got us up to 6th in the prem - he lost the plot and got sacked like they all do, but this is different. 4 goals in 9 games FFS. I don't remember being so disillusioned. Boring joyless shite
(01-18-2022, 08:05 PM)Pontificator Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 04:28 PM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 01:01 PM)MassDebater Wrote: That's the rub, it's all about how it feels and is perceived rather than how it is. Hence some not having any more patience, some wavering and others supporting him to the hilt and wanting him to have his full time. We all perceive and feel it differently.

Not forgetting he got us up to 6th in the prem - he lost the plot and got sacked like they all do, but this is different. 4 goals in 9 games FFS. I don't remember being so disillusioned. Boring joyless shite

Day Of The "DK" coming soon...