Match thread
(02-23-2019, 07:39 PM)keef Wrote: We will beet leeds away back on track then.  we are still in a good position I still think we are going to finish second

Love your optimism Keef. This is autopsy-turvy league for sure, but for me, we aren’t showing the consistency needed to grab the opportunity. I worry that there is a missing ingredient that will turn this team into real promotion contenders; and I think it’s a lack of tactical experience in deploying the right resources, in the right places to get us automatic promotion. For all the love given to Big Dave, I cannot help but feel he is tactically naive.
Midfield is far too static for this passing out from the back bollox
(02-23-2019, 07:40 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: It's more an issue with style and personnel at home. Teams are happy to sit and wait for a chance. If they score it, which they inevitably do it seems, we can't open them up since we don't have a good enough playmaker. Livermore and Harper are box to box style midfielders, just runners who keep the game ticking over. Field and Barry are deep lying midfielders who keep possession from defence and set the tempo. Barnes was the creator, as is Mozza who seems to have died.

Away teams open up and we get chances, and with Rodriguez and Gayle we inevitably score. At home that doesn't happen.

How to fix it? No idea, rely on set pieces, something we aren't too good at anymore.

Our set pieces are poor. We definitely need to work on our corners. Sheffield were very tight yesterday, so we should have made the most of our corners, but they were wasted opportunities.
Their player has the ball on the edge of the centre circle, livermore and the back 4 back off, Barry no where near, the other 4 even further up the field.

Jake backs off and our lack of width in front of Gibbs makes the break easy for them. He had a chance to take their player out, maybe taking a yellow for the team.

Think we miss the nasty bastard mentality, they did it 2 or 3 times on Rakeem. The ref was so useless me may have missed it.