904,598 booster jabs...
(12-21-2021, 11:19 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: In latest developments, Omicron is proving to be highly infectious - particularly in train drivers at Christmas.

Over the last 20 years in fact.
Absence excuses has become like a game of top trumps.
(12-20-2021, 10:21 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 09:43 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Thats the net figure I've shown KKC - Admissions in England are currently about 700 / 800 ish, so between Friday and today there were approx 2,100 going in and therefore about 1750 coming out.

(12-20-2021, 09:42 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 09:37 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 08:24 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Depends which country you're looking at Sophisticating - they don't update the total figure until they have got them all in. England is up to the 18th, NI the 19th, Wales the 17th and Scotland is the 14th (hence that's the latest overall)

The numbers in hospital went up about 350 over the weekend of which 280 related to London.
So if this is less harmful, those admitted should becoming out in a few days. Average length of stay is 3 days now.

Stats being skewed to meet the lockdown agenda

Which stats CIM, they're all out there available if you want.
If they numbers turn that quickly, then it shouldn't be a problem. It's like stock turnover in a green grocer.

It really isn't.
(12-21-2021, 11:26 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 11:19 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: In latest developments, Omicron is proving to be highly infectious - particularly in train drivers at Christmas.

Over the last 20 years in fact.
Absence excuses has become like a game of top trumps.

Hardly surprising really. Swopping and changing from one train to another all day. Would only take one driver to 'have it' and potentially infect several others in one day.
had my booster and flu jab on Saturday, fugging knocked me right off my feet. Sunday was a complete write off and still felt like I was run over on Monday. Just was a bit sleepy after jab1 and nowt with jab 2, but this booster was a killer, several people I know suffered the same too.
(12-20-2021, 08:24 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 05:34 PM)SophLad Wrote: The fact that the govt website on covid stats hasn’t updated its ‘patients admitted’ numbers since 14th Dec will get the conspiracy buffs sweating.

No ITK on that matter, btw.

Depends which country you're looking at Sophisticating - they don't update the total figure until they have got them all in. England is up to the 18th, NI the 19th, Wales the 17th and Scotland is the 14th (hence that's the latest overall)

The numbers in hospital went up about 350 over the weekend of which 280 related to London.
So if this is less harmful, those admitted should becoming out in a few days. Average length of stay is 3 days now.

CIM please give a well thought out, factual, evidence based analysis / reasoning as to why this nebulous group have a lockdown agenda. 

Have you been listening to Hartley Brewer again? Or was it the Daily Mail that have informed you who and what to believe and dislike?
(12-21-2021, 12:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 08:24 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 05:34 PM)SophLad Wrote: The fact that the govt website on covid stats hasn’t updated its ‘patients admitted’ numbers since 14th Dec will get the conspiracy buffs sweating.

No ITK on that matter, btw.

Depends which country you're looking at Sophisticating - they don't update the total figure until they have got them all in. England is up to the 18th, NI the 19th, Wales the 17th and Scotland is the 14th (hence that's the latest overall)

CIM please give a well thought out, factual, evidence based analysis / reasoning as to why this nebulous group have a lockdown agenda. 

Have you been listening to Hartley Brewer again? Or was it the Daily Mail that have informed you who and what to believe and dislike?

Hartley Brewer is on holiday, DH. Keep up  Big Grin Big Grin
Here's hoping she chose Germany this year
(12-21-2021, 01:29 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 12:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 08:24 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Depends which country you're looking at Sophisticating - they don't update the total figure until they have got them all in. England is up to the 18th, NI the 19th, Wales the 17th and Scotland is the 14th (hence that's the latest overall)

Hartley Brewer is on holiday, DH. Keep up  Big Grin Big Grin

I wouldn't know, but hopefully she can she stay on permanent holiday. CIM must have read the Mail to tell him what to think this week then Wink
(12-21-2021, 01:30 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Here's hoping she chose Germany this year

Apparently not

https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1472900935127126017
My sister has just sent me a message which raises the question of how do we know which variant people have when its not tested for :
"Today I've received a message sent out to immunosupressed people inviting me to have another covid jab (making it 4). Had my appointment for the penultimate cycle of chemo today.
Neutrophils were just under 1.4 (the threshold is 1.5) but decided to continue with chemo. Because of my slightly knackered immune system( even a normal cold could be bad news) and that a lot of people i know have recently tested positive with mild or no symptoms, i asked whether they test all positive results further to find out which variant it is. To the best knowledge of my consultant they don't.
So I asked how the government can be saying Omicron is dominant and give a specific number of cases? No one I know who had covid over the past 2 years has been told which variant it was, not even on the death certificates.
The doctors agreed with me that they have no idea where these 'facts' and figures come from. Obviously they aren't allowed to state an opinion but it was clear they believe Pinocchio is the panto of the season."

So it would seem that consultants are not aware of where the government are getting their "facts" from and that there is no information on the variant of covid being gained if the consultants are not aware of any testing to check which variant people have had.

Maybe someone here has a bit more information than hospital consultants on how the government are able to produce these figures?