Hugill
Thumbs Up 
Lost for words. Who thought he was a striker ? Maybe he'll be out for a few games & give Cleary a deserved chance.
(12-17-2021, 10:38 PM)Mr Jingles Wrote: Lost for words. Who thought he was a striker ? Maybe he'll be out for a few games & give Cleary a deserved chance.

Didn't West Ham spend £5m on him? Difficult to see what he offers. His hold up play mediocre. The rest poor.
I was trying to think of forwards we've had that were worse than him, but I don't think there are any.

We've had some corkers over the years, but even the stand-out dreadfuls were not, I think, as dreadful as Jord.

Rambo Reilly?
Evans (Stewart and Mickey)?
Piggott, Benjamin, Beattie, Skoubo, Facey, Madden, De Freitas, Deehan, Moore, Foster, Heggs,?

I still think Steggles and Frank Nouble are the worst footballers I've ever seen wear an Albion shirt, but they were not centre forwards so are exempt.

Then again, what do I know? I thought Micky Perry was going to be the messiah...
Surely he can't play another game for us. Dreadful.
He’s absolutely shit. There’s no excuse, no justification, no reasoning… he’s just absolute shit. I don’t care how hard he tries, he’s shit, plain and simple league two shit.
Clearly living off one good season, just terrible, absolutely no spark whatsoever
(12-17-2021, 10:55 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: He’s absolutely shit. There’s no excuse, no justification, no reasoning… he’s just absolute shit. I don’t care how hard he tries, he’s shit, plain and simple league two shit.

+1
We're a goalscorer away from being clear at the top.

It's so frustrating watching Hugill. He doesn't run in behind, he has no pace, he couldn't finish his dinner and he doesn't hold the ball up.
Alongside Furlong he is the least deserving of a starting slot.
(12-17-2021, 10:46 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 10:38 PM)Mr Jingles Wrote: Lost for words. Who thought he was a striker ? Maybe he'll be out for a few games & give Cleary a deserved chance.

Didn't West Ham spend £5m on him? Difficult to see what he offers. His hold up play mediocre. The rest poor.

And there’s the key; what are Hugills strengths?
His best game for us I think was his cameo substitute performance in his debut at Peterborough.
He came on and actually looked a threat in the air.

He seems to be getting worse if that is possible?