Graham Potter
(12-16-2021, 06:48 PM)Squid Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 10:36 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Would have been ideal to take over from Pulis or instead of Moore. He's been unlucky at times at Brighton as the stats prove.

What he did at Ostersunds was incredible.

No thank you.

Moore's input also went way beyond what happen on the pitch. We had no transfer team apart from his phone book and he persuaded J Rod to stay and brought in Johnstone, Townsend, Barnes and Gayle in.

Moore is responsible for all of those?
As much as I respect the bloke, Moore should never have been given the job on a full time basis. Potter is one of the best English coaches in the game, he'd have been an excellent appointment when we had the opportunity a few years back.
(12-16-2021, 06:56 PM)SophLad Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 06:48 PM)Squid Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 10:36 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Would have been ideal to take over from Pulis or instead of Moore. He's been unlucky at times at Brighton as the stats prove.

What he did at Ostersunds was incredible.

No thank you.

Moore's input also went way beyond what happen on the pitch. We had no transfer team apart from his phone book and he persuaded J Rod to stay and brought in Johnstone, Townsend, Barnes and Gayle in.

Moore is responsible for all of those?

Yes.

Do not downplay the impact Moore had that summer. He stopped us doing a Stoke falling out the top flight.
(12-16-2021, 07:41 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: As much as I respect the bloke, Moore should never have been given the job on a full time basis. Potter is one of the best English coaches in the game, he'd have been an excellent appointment when we had the opportunity a few years back.

Potter came in that summer, we'd have done worse, not because Moore is better than Potter, but we were an absolute mess behind the scenes, a squad that was shattered apart and demoralised, literally held together my the strength of Moores personality. We had no transfer targets and no one to actually try to sort them either, that Italian guy was a fucking fraud.
Potter was never in the mix that summer, it was Gammon Face, Lee Johnson and Moore

Lai wanted Moore,t he others wanted Smith

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers