Boris Johnson
(10-23-2022, 08:17 PM)Duffers Wrote: Boris has pulled out.

And by “pulled out” he really means didn’t get enough support.

Of course he hasn't got enough support. His ego's too big for him to put himself forward and then lose.

I'm very relieved that it's not going to be him making a triumphal and unbearable return. Whilst I want the Tories to lose a general election as soon as possible, the 2 remaining contenders are at least sensible in comparison to Johnson and Truss.

Are there going to be enough anti-Sunak MPs who'll get behind Mordaunt so that it goes to the membership or will it be a coronation now? It won't take long to find out!

(10-23-2022, 08:25 PM)Old Stroller Wrote: He claims he has 102 nominations and would win the public vote but has decided now is not the right time to make a comeback. Naturally.

Of course, his first thought is always for others! Wink

Mad Nads will be beside herself....
Very unlike him to pull out early.
Jognson won't get 100 MPs.
Sunak's gig

I won't vote for him until his wife pays UK tax on her earnings.

Half of our problems are caused by his actions as Chancellor. Summed up well by Mervyn King today.
(10-23-2022, 11:58 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Sunak's gig

Half of our problems are caused by his actions as Chancellor. Summed up well by Mervyn King today.
Of course we blame Truss as much as we blame Kwarteng. But for Boris let's just blame Rishi. 

As for Mrs Sunak she has renounced her non domicile status. But she's only doing what most tories do ... use every loophole that's designed to benefit the wealthy to avoid contributing to the public purse.
Personally I'm gutted. Sunak will be given longer, the country will continue to limp, u-turn and syphon money off to friends. Bless him, this must be his fourth go now...
[Image: 63771531-0-image-a-7_1666560312341.jpg]
(10-24-2022, 08:20 AM)bradesbaggie Wrote: [Image: 63771531-0-image-a-7_1666560312341.jpg]

I worry for the sanity of the constituents who elected her as their MP.

Fuckin ell KKC he’s got an easier ride from you than Starmer gets!

It’s almost as if……

The problems Mervyn King talks about were baked by Mervyn King & Gordon Brown, sautéed by Mark Carney and George Osborne et al. Sunak is presented with the resulting dish.

Only higher taxes and reduced spending will do. I hope he’s brave enough to bite the bullet even if his electoral chances will be zero.