Boris Johnson
I doubt he’s ever been told no, until now.
He turns into a UK version of Donald Trump more every day.
(07-19-2022, 05:45 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: He turns into a UK version of Donald Trump more every day.

He’s nothing like him, yours Proth
We’ve told you Jeremy Corbyn is unelectable
Hail Hydra
Predictable but nonetheless nauseating and sycophantic rubbish from Tory MPs at PMQs today.

Goodbye and good riddance Johnson, by some distance the worst and most dishonest PM in my lifetime. It's a disgrace that you're being allowed to stay in office like a lingering foul odour until September.
(07-20-2022, 12:09 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote: Predictable but nonetheless nauseating and sycophantic rubbish from Tory MPs at PMQs today.

Goodbye and good riddance Johnson, by some distance the worst and most dishonest PM in my lifetime. It's a disgrace that you're being allowed to stay in office like a lingering foul odour until September.

+1
Interesting comments being attributed to Johnson over the weekend. He "doesn't want to resign" and would "rather stay on". Enough to prompt Steve Baker to jump in and demand that he leave as promised when the new leader is announced.

So here's a thing. What if he doesn't go? Can he just sit in his office like Ronnie Allen did after he was replaced by Ron Wylie? Who actually sacks him? What if the Conservative leadership election collapses in a heap of vitriol and the members demand that Boris stays on? Echoes of Trump on January 6th I reckon. Interesting times.
(07-27-2022, 11:08 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Echoes of Trump on January 6th I reckon. 

Rolleyes
(07-27-2022, 11:08 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Interesting comments being attributed to Johnson over the weekend. He "doesn't want to resign" and would "rather stay on". Enough to prompt Steve Baker to jump in and demand that he leave as promised when the new leader is announced.

So here's a thing. What if he doesn't go? Can he just sit in his office like Ronnie Allen did after he was replaced by Ron Wylie? Who actually sacks him? What if the Conservative leadership election collapses in a heap of vitriol and the members demand that Boris stays on? Echoes of Trump on January 6th I reckon. Interesting times.

Nah. Trump appealed to people from those marginally right all the way to the furthest reaches of the far right (who are the ones that participated on January 6th). Boris doesn't have enough support from the very far right for anything like this to happen.