Boris Johnson
And now the bastards of the tory party, who have spectacularly failed to secure our borders, are going to send a significant proportion of asylum seekers to Rwanda, a country whose human rights failures have been regularly criticised by many governments.
Maybe they hope, in time, Rwanda will become the haven many think Australia has become!
(04-14-2022, 11:50 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Brexit was always going to be a disaster for the UK 

We shall see. For now, and for the vast majority of people there is no discernable difference.
(04-14-2022, 01:32 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 11:50 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Brexit was always going to be a disaster for the UK 

We shall see. For now, and for the vast majority of people there is no discernable difference.

Apart from the extra import duties, red tape, and weakened pound that are costing everyone more money to buy goods. It might be masked by other issues but it is exacerbating them not easing them. And there is a big neon sign in your post that even you can see - if there is no discernible difference, WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT?
(04-14-2022, 01:41 PM)baggy1 Wrote: WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT?

For the purist like me, every fucking point. But as I've suggested on here before I suspect less than 5% of voters backed Leave on the principles I did.

I was as surprised as anyone else at the result of the Referendum.
(04-14-2022, 10:14 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 06:35 PM)Loanee Wrote: Quite funny saying Corbyn would have been useless when you voted for Johnson

Johnson is useless.

Corbyn would have been dangerous.

CHECKS NOTES

Russian donors
Russians in the House of Lords
Bunga Bunga parties attended in Italy as foreign secretary in Italy with no security

OK
(04-14-2022, 02:10 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

For the purist like me, every fucking point. But as I've suggested on here before I suspect less than 5% of voters backed Leave on the principles I did.

Which adds to the impracticality of it all, there was (and is) no plan on what to deliver and what we should do if the referendum says leave. The bullshit that the politicians came out with can be analysed and unpicked but we have rewarded the liars with power when we should be calling them out and getting them to sort out the mess or quietly disappear whilst the grown ups sort it.
Unfortunately many of the grown ups lost their mind in 2016 and are yet to find it again.
(04-14-2022, 04:53 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Unfortunately many of the grown ups lost their mind in 2016 and are yet to find it again.

Does anybody else want this tap-in?
(04-14-2022, 02:31 PM)Loanee Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 10:14 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 06:35 PM)Loanee Wrote: Quite funny saying Corbyn would have been useless when you voted for Johnson

Johnson is useless.

Corbyn would have been dangerous.

CHECKS NOTES

Russian donors
Russians in the House of Lords
Bunga Bunga parties attended in Italy as foreign secretary in Italy with no security

OK

All of which are bad, but nonetheless, the government have supported Ukraine militarily and enacted sanctions against the Russian government.

Do you honestly think Corbyn, who blamed the Russian invasion on NATO aggression would have done the same?

That's why he's dangerous.
(04-14-2022, 02:10 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

What had you lumped on?