Adil Rashid
Has just confirmed Rafiq's statement of the comments made by Michael Vaughan to them as a group of young Asian players at Yorkshire!!!..."too many of you lot".
Well he won't be commentating at the Ashes that's for sure not to worry there's a shortage of workers at turkey farms Angry Angry Angry
Held up by many as a reason to doubt Rafeeq, but now that Adil Rashid has underscored what he said then surely Vaughan is skating on thin ice?
Vaughan packing and heading back to blighty as we speak!!!!....Australia in spring such a lovely place too.
Michael Vaughan was OTT with his disparagement of Albion when Clarke was sacked.

A bit of a smart arse prick in my opinion.
I was running a small project team comprising 3 Nigerians and myself (this was in Manchester btw). We had some management diversity training, during which we were lectured by a gay Dutchman about how we were all racist and every other sort of ist he could think of. Afterwards I said to the guys, "We're not diverse enough, there's too many of you lot". Did they laugh at the joke or report me to HR for being racist?

I'm not looking to trivialise this or make light of the historic (and no doubt current) racism in English cricket. I just feel that anyone of high profile is likely to be vilified for just being part of the scene at the time, whether or not they were (or are) in any way central to the culture.

I would also question the position of Joe Root. He was unwise to comment that he had never witnessed racism at Yorkshire. This cannot be the case. Are they going to send him home? I doubt it.
Great cricketer and successful captain - why play the shockjock/ Talksport wannabe?  Utter tool on Twitter 

Cant believe what I am reading with the whole Yorks CCC episode.  This was the last decade FFS, not the 70s or 80s
(11-15-2021, 10:16 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: I was running a small project team comprising 3 Nigerians and myself (this was in Manchester btw). We had some management diversity training, during which we were lectured by a gay Dutchman about how we were all racist and every other sort of ist he could think of. Afterwards I said to the guys, "We're not diverse enough, there's too many of you lot". Did they laugh at the joke or report me to HR for being racist?

I'm not looking to trivialise this or make light of the historic (and no doubt current) racism in English cricket. I just feel that anyone of high profile is likely to be vilified for just being part of the scene at the time, whether or not they were (or are) in any way central to the culture.

I would also question the position of Joe Root. He was unwise to comment that he had never witnessed racism at Yorkshire. This cannot be the case. Are they going to send him home? I doubt it.

Micheal Vaughan does not deserve the benefit of the doubt over his intentions, this wouldn't be the first time that he'd be called out for questionable comments to a British Muslim (Moeen Ali). And I imagine that Rafiq and Rashid both themselves being English would understand tone and intent.
(11-15-2021, 10:23 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:16 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: I was running a small project team comprising 3 Nigerians and myself (this was in Manchester btw). We had some management diversity training, during which we were lectured by a gay Dutchman about how we were all racist and every other sort of ist he could think of. Afterwards I said to the guys, "We're not diverse enough, there's too many of you lot". Did they laugh at the joke or report me to HR for being racist?

Micheal Vaughan does not deserve the benefit of the doubt over his intentions, this wouldn't be the first time that he'd be called out for questionable comments to a British Muslim (Moeen Ali). And I imagine that Rafiq and Rashid both themselves being English would understand tone and intent.
He has form and you are right ...it appears there are no grey areas.

It is easy for others within his circle to laugh it off as just banter. Hearing from the receiving end is very hurtful, especially as you feel you have to ''blend in'' to be accepted. The whistle blowers need to be lauded for their bravery in exposing the racist underbelly in sport.
Michael Vaughan. Great cricketer, questionable human being.
The racism within English cricket is institutional widespread and of the absolute worst kind!!!....it stopped kids with real potential achieving their goals this is only the tip of the iceberg and then British South Asians are asked why they do not support England!!!...