Off topic - Alec Baldwin
‘Alec Baldwin has accidentally shot and killed the director of photography and wounded the writer-director of his new movie, with a prop gun, whilst on set.’

Bloody Nora.

Reminds me of Brandon Lee getting killed on the set of ‘The Crow’.
Was it something she said ?
Kudos to the props department, some job they've done there.
Dummy bullet mistakenly left in was the Brandon Lee incident. Possibly similar here but there were supposed to be new safeguards introduced to prevent it happening again.
Reminds me of that bit in Alan Partridge.
(10-22-2021, 08:20 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Was it something she said ?

A picture paints a thousand words......
On the BBC: A spokesperson for Mr Baldwin told AP news agency the incident involved the misfiring of a prop gun with blanks.

How on Earth?!?! Something seems a bit off to say the least.
(10-22-2021, 08:30 AM)MassDebater Wrote: On the BBC: A spokesperson for Mr Baldwin told AP news agency the incident involved the misfiring of a prop gun with blanks.

Blanks can kill if there's something in the chamber. Usually there's something plastic in to enable compression so it fires properly, then all that needs to happen is the person hit being close enough.

Blanks aren't safe.
I've been around firearms a bit, back in my Army Cadet days. Rule one is "Never point a gun at anyone, loaded or not, safety catch on or off". Careless to say the least.
(10-22-2021, 08:38 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 08:30 AM)MassDebater Wrote: On the BBC: A spokesperson for Mr Baldwin told AP news agency the incident involved the misfiring of a prop gun with blanks.

Blanks can kill if there's something in the chamber. Usually there's something plastic in to enable compression so it fires properly, then all that needs to happen is the person hit being close enough.

Blanks aren't safe.

To take out two people with one blank seems very odd though, surely? I don't know much about guns, but a blank wouldn't penetrate like a real bullet would it?